Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first pickup for me (XLT LUX); it has no tonneau.
Does anyone have recommendations on what to look for in a cargo net? The Maverick bed is 58" long; They stretch quite a bit so maybe the 4'x6' size is too big and I should get instead a 3'x4' version?
they are not expensive; at Harbour Freight, some are really a few dollars.
is better to have a version where the clips are integrated into the net or a version where you can remove and connect the clips at different locations in the mesh. Once I saw a barbeque flying off a pickup at 70mph so quite worried about anything moving in the bed..

Ford Maverick Cargo net recommendation anyone? 1653501163320

Ford Maverick Cargo net recommendation anyone? 1653501855590

Ford Maverick Cargo net recommendation anyone? 1653501414776
Sponsored

Last edited:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would say to just keep in mind if you will be attaching it up near the bed rail, or if you will be attaching it down in the floor of the bed. If at the floor of the bed, you need to account for the height of the bed X2 (one on each side. And then if your item is taller than the rails, how much taller. A net that is 6 or 8 feet wide can easily be all used up in a bed that is only ACTUALLY 4 feet wide.

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove a Ranger without a tonneau cover for 20+ years and never used a cargo net like you are considering. If you are worried about things like a barbeque flying off you should consider using staps to secure the load, everyone else on the road will appreciate it.
My Maverick included a tonneau cover as part of the First Addition package. Now that I have had it for a few months I love it. Of course what I am using the new truck for is different, with the old truck I was hauling loads of dirt, gravel, and mulch. The new truck I am more likely to have boxes, furniture, or groceries.[/QUOTE]

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too have never used a cargo net.

I have a milk crate full of ratchet straps and different sizes of bungee cords I’ve kept over the years. I keep it in the bed bungeed to the anchor near the tailgate which is covered with the hard trifold tonneau cover.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought one on Amazon but can't find it in my previous orders now. Just a cheap $20-$30 one that was 4x6. It stretches and you can put the carabiner clips wherever you want. I like it for when I've got something really tall in the bed. I only use about 4x4 of it and a couple feet hang down in the rear by the tailgate. Very easy to just move the carabiner clips to different spots as well. It came with enough to have one at every opening on the perimeter but I just use four.

Use it all the time and leave it hooked up when not using it.
Sponsored