First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any Canadian buyers get their 2024 Mavericks yet? What was your experience with price protection? Rollover 2023 to 2024 price protection? Interest rate lock in?
I'm scheduled for production week of Feb.5.
My dealer says no price protection, nothing they can do, but interest rate "should be protected" from March 2023 @ 7% and I should contact Ford Canada about price protection. I emailed Ford Canada and got this reply:
We regret the circumstance that prompted you to contact us. The VIN provided is pre-production. There are no other updates on our end as of yet.
Please note that Ford and Lincoln dealerships are independently owned and operated; and therefore may set their own sales and business practices. We regret to inform you that Ford of Canada is unable to intervene in sales issues since the dealerships are independently owned and operated.
For information regarding the availability of this particular model, or any others, with desired options, we recommend contacting the Sales Manager at your local Ford dealership who will be best placed to provide a list of their dealership's vehicle inventory and pricing information.

We value your business and again apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of this situation.

So they blame each other for the BS that we as customers(for now) have to deal with. The American buyers get $3400usd private offer/price protection for the same truck, built in the same plant, that I ordered March 14th/23. I pointed out to Ford Canada that I would have bought a Maverick on March 14/23 but there was no stock, so I should get a "rain check". They don't agree with that suggestion! It's not my fault they didn't have stock, I had cash in hand.

I may walk away, I'm really pissed about how I'm being treated after waiting all this time. I really want this truck but....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Razor802

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may walk away, I'm really pissed about how I'm being treated after waiting all this time. I really want this truck but....
Iā€™ve been waiting since October 2022. This would be my first Ford. Reading your message makes me want to walk away now too. @Ford Motor Company you really know how to upset your customers. How terrible!

kevy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™ve been waiting since October 2022. This would be my first Ford. Reading your message makes me want to walk away now too. @Ford Motor Company you really know how to upset your customers. How terrible!
I then replied to the Ford Canada email twice and I asked for it to be escalated/ sent to his supervisor/up the ladder on Jan.16th. I have not received a reply. Really disappointing!

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
1 mans walk a way is another man's stumble upon.

Sponsored

Lonewolf77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet Colorado, 2024 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was told "Price Protection" means that the sticker price you order is the final price if packages go up. If you add or change to the order it goes off of that. I ordered the LUX package and FX4 with machined wheels and a 4K tow instead of a non-lux BAP. when I was re-ordering for September. Price protection only applies if you order a package and it rolls over and the same thing costs more (eg the Lux goes waaaaayyy up in 2024). As far as the APR, you are at the mercy of the current percent when the vehicle arrives. The APR rise for mine is currently a shift from like 7.99 (July 2023) to 8.99 (Jan 29, 2024). It is currently still on a train. That gives me more time to save up, but my current daily driver might need new tires now and the APR could go up again in February. With rising interest rates, the longer you wait, the higher the final cost which is criminal to me. Its not our fault things got recalled while they were on the line and it sat for 5 days in the Mexican sun at the boarder. It took 10 days to travel by rail from St Louis to Kansas which is ~250 Mi. Its another ~500 Mi just to the CDN boarder to Manitoba. I wish never upgraded my original order.

OP
OP
Razor802

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told "Price Protection" means that the sticker price you order is the final price if packages go up. If you add or change to the order it goes off of that. I ordered the LUX package and FX4 with machined wheels and a 4K tow instead of a non-lux BAP. when I was re-ordering for September. Price protection only applies if you order a package and it rolls over and the same thing costs more (eg the Lux goes waaaaayyy up in 2024). As far as the APR, you are at the mercy of the current percent when the vehicle arrives. The APR rise for mine is currently a shift from like 7.99 (July 2023) to 8.99 (Jan 29, 2024). It is currently still on a train. That gives me more time to save up, but my current daily driver might need new tires now and the APR could go up again in February. With rising interest rates, the longer you wait, the higher the final cost which is criminal to me. Its not our fault things got recalled while they were on the line and it sat for 5 days in the Mexican sun at the boarder. It took 10 days to travel by rail from St Louis to Kansas which is ~250 Mi. Its another ~500 Mi just to the CDN boarder to Manitoba. I wish never upgraded my original order.
I would love it if I could have protection on the rollover and scrap the apr. I will likely use my local credit union anyway. I ordered the exact same truck for the '23 model year and '24 model year. My dealer doesnt't know much however and seemed to think the apr was protected but was saying they would need to check with the Ford rep on price. They thought there would be some accomodation.

OP
OP
Razor802

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called dealer today. He says Ford will do something when truck gets there. He doesnā€™t know what. I sent email to Ford today to inquire.

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if the rates had gone down, would the customer be expected to pay the original higher rate?

OP
OP
Razor802

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if the rates had gone down, would the customer be expected to pay the original higher rate?
When I ordered my salesman said best finance rate from time of order to delivery would be honoured. No discussion however on when that order is not fulfilled and a new order is needed for a new model year.

Sponsored

kevy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would love it if I could have protection on the rollover and scrap the apr. I will likely use my local credit union anyway. I ordered the exact same truck for the '23 model year and '24 model year. My dealer doesnt't know much however and seemed to think the apr was protected but was saying they would need to check with the Ford rep on price. They thought there would be some accomodation.
I re-ordered the exact same truck as I ordered March 14/23. My dealer(and Ford Canada) says I have to eat the $2525 price increase, but the 7% apr from March 14/23 will be available if I want to use it.

kevy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called dealer today. He says Ford will do something when truck gets there. He doesnā€™t know what. I sent email to Ford today to inquire.
I hope you get something! Please post when you find out.

OP
OP
Razor802

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spent an hour on the phone today with @Ford Motor Company. Bouncing from department to department. They direct it back to the dealer and claim itā€™s all up to them. They explain US rollover program as different laws in different areas. TERRIBLE!
Talked to my dealer after and owner said wait until itā€™s in and Ford will provide price protection and if they donā€™t the dealership will.