Sponsored

Can you vinyl wrap the plastic trims of the Maverick?

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Los Angeles and am afraid that the sun is going to damage the plastic trims of the truck very quickly. I just saw a honda truck where all the plastic trims where faded out and it looked horrible. Is there a good and feasible way to vinyl wrap these plastic trims? How long do you think will it l last and how often do you have to renew the wrapping?
Sponsored

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Los Angeles and am afraid that the sun is going to damage the plastic trims of the truck very quickly. I just saw a honda truck where all the plastic trims where faded out and it looked horrible. Is there a good and feasible way to vinyl wrap these plastic trims? How long do you think will it l last and how often do you have to renew the wrapping?
I would suggest you get a package of Cerakote wipes and follow the (easy) instructions to apply ceramic type coating to the plastic trim. You could also paint it all - but the Cerakote is easy, fairly inexpensive and looks like it does a really nice job.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did mine right out of the gate and it looks outstanding. Even though we rarely get sun up here and the truck is garage kept, it is still worth protecting. I totally agree with the previous poster's comments on the subject.
Sponsored