Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got home with my 2nd hybrid Maverick - From paying extra to a blizzard it was an adventure. I give my thought on how dealerships can extract more money from your wallet and how to prevent that ;)

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great video as usual. At least some of us are sensible about MSRP. Odd thing is that I flew from Dallas to Detroit and picked up an XLT Hybrid and spent the night in St Louis on the way back. Like you, I woke up the next morning with snow falling. My dealer started at $3500 over, but I got bedliner, window tint and nice rear quarter panel decals thrown in, so wound up just over $2500 net. Hope TN weather is better.

Like you, we had two ordered. Odd thing is three days after getting back, I get a build date of 2/28, so get ready LOL.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great video as usual. At least some of us are sensible about MSRP. Odd thing is that I flew from Dallas to Detroit and picked up an XLT Hybrid and spent the night in St Louis on the way back. Like you, I woke up the next morning with snow falling. My dealer started at $3500 over, but I got bedliner, window tint and nice rear quarter panel decals thrown in, so wound up just over $2500 net. Hope TN weather is better.

Like you, we had two ordered. Odd thing is three days after getting back, I get a build date of 2/28, so get ready LOL.
Hahaha isn't that the way it always is ? I could have found a little better deal but I was set on white and an XL This dealership wasn't willing to go down any further so then it was my decision. As far as mine getting built, the XL hybrid is the most rare animal out there but with the crazy way Ford decides to build vehicles who knows :)

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Right now the weather is beautiful a little cloudy going up to 60 + degrees safe motoring 👍🙂

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You’re welcome. I passed on that very same Maverick a few days before you got it. I got one in Atlas Blue with the same stuff. I negotiated the markup down to $2000 so with my A-plan I ended up paying slightly over MSRP. Dorian Ford is only 7 miles from my house so my travel time was slightly less than yours. 😆

Ford Maverick Bought 2nd Maverick - My Thoughts on Dealer Financing 1C5B6AC5-329D-4744-8AA3-6D7A3A5E2FE4

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday the weather was AMAZING in Franklin :)
Yes the weather was beautiful yesterday went from Paris Tennessee to Mayfield to Paducah and back for a birthday shopping trip could not asked for any better weather along with my little Maverick getting just under 39 mph on a 160 mile round trip . 👍🙂

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’re welcome. I passed on that very same Maverick a few days before you got it. I got one in Atlas Blue with the same stuff. I negotiated the markup down to $2000 so with my A-plan I ended up paying slightly over MSRP. Dorian Ford is only 7 miles from my house so my travel time was slightly less than yours. 😆

1C5B6AC5-329D-4744-8AA3-6D7A3A5E2FE4.jpeg
Love that Maverick
Ford Maverick Bought 2nd Maverick - My Thoughts on Dealer Financing IMG_20230109_142054000

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great video and very true. I'm friends with several GM's at Ford and an F&I guy at Chevy. There is buy rate (what the dealer is getting from the bank) and the rate they give you (how much % they make off of you). Of course all the added extra stuff piles on the $$. that's why they like to use dollars in monthly amounts because it sounds less. lol

Congrats on the XL. Any plans to upgrade anything? How were the dreaded Conti's in the snow? LOL.

letsrock23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great video thank you for sharing!

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I should have one coming in in the next 2 months. Haven’t bought a new car with a loan ever. Good advise. Will get my financing dialed in locally with the CU ahead of time.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great video and very true. I'm friends with several GM's at Ford and an F&I guy at Chevy. There is buy rate (what the dealer is getting from the bank) and the rate they give you (how much % they make off of you). Of course all the added extra stuff piles on the $$. that's why they like to use dollars in monthly amounts because it sounds less. lol

Congrats on the XL. Any plans to upgrade anything? How were the dreaded Conti's in the snow? LOL.
The Contis did great in the snow and ice surprisingly :) Two videos coming up - a dedicated jumper cables for the front and bedliner - thanks for the kind words !! D

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1C5B6AC5-329D-4744-8AA3-6D7A3A5E2FE4.jpeg
Great people

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got home with my 2nd hybrid Maverick - From paying extra to a blizzard it was an adventure. I give my thought on how dealerships can extract more money from your wallet and how to prevent that ;)

Hard to relate to a 2 Mav guy when so many have none!!LOL

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right now the weather is beautiful a little cloudy going up to 60 + degrees safe motoring 👍🙂
Well, actually moved motor home to beach on S Padre Island in S Texas so enjoying sunshine and 77 degrees. It’s hard, but will take one for the team LOL.
Sponsored