2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Been a while since I had a turboed car, but are boost gauges not common from factory any more? Or did I miss where it is on the Maverick?

I tried searching and could not find mention of it in the Ranger either. If one is not included may look at adding one if possible inside the cubby attatched to the 8" infotainment.
Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Ralli

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It would be to keep an eye on boost levels in case something is not working properly. Hard to tell when you have nothing to check or compare. I also plan to get a mild tune at some point once available and it would be good to have a before and after.

As for a tach on a automatic, while you wont need it for shifting purposes, you can keep an eye on idle rpms, issues shifting from one gear to another. Similar its just for information, how the driver uses it is to each their own.

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I watch the boost gauge on my diesel frequently. High boost = low mpg. Reminds me I need to back out of a bit to conserve some fuel. Of course, this truck is also tuned and could potentially boost more than stock and should also be monitored to keep the boost from getting out of control and damaging something. Stock vehicles it’s more of a fun meter, kinda like getting a high score on a video game.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
It would be to keep an eye on boost levels in case something is not working properly. Hard to tell when you have nothing to check or compare. I also plan to get a mild tune at some point once available and it would be good to have a before and after.

As for a tach on a automatic, while you wont need it for shifting purposes, you can keep an eye on idle rpms, issues shifting from one gear to another. Similar its just for information, how the driver uses it is to each their own.
Agreed! Unless it’s a sport model (ST RS) boost gauges aren’t typically standard or optional.
But I agree on keeping an eye on ALL vitals with gauges vs lights.
I think Ford should offer a boost gauge because more boost = less mpg. Would help fight a lot of the complaints about “real world mpg”

that’s why I like what Honda does, has lights at the top of the dash that fade from green to white depending on how your driving. Green = good mpg. White = bad. I thought I did good until I look and it’s almost always white when I accelerate. Then lift off just a bit more. Green. Yes your driving like a grandpa but it makes a massive difference. Especially if you have a turbo.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed! Unless it’s a sport model (ST RS) boost gauges aren’t typically standard or optional.
But I agree on keeping an eye on ALL vitals with gauges vs lights.
I think Ford should offer a boost gauge because more boost = less mpg. Would help fight a lot of the complaints about “real world mpg”

that’s why I like what Honda does, has lights at the top of the dash that fade from green to white depending on how your driving. Green = good mpg. White = bad. I thought I did good until I look and it’s almost always white when I accelerate. Then lift off just a bit more. Green. Yes your driving like a grandpa but it makes a massive difference. Especially if you have a turbo.
At least Ford puts a temperature gauge in the Maverick.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least Ford puts a temperature gauge in the Maverick.
I love my merc. For the quad gauge. temp, oil pressure, voltage and fuel. I wish I had a tach tho. But if I get the dash with a tach I only get temp and fuel.

in A perfect world. I would want
Digital speed (just number)
Tach
Fuel level
Fuel pressure
Oil Pressure
Oil Temp
Coolant temp
Voltage
Boost

all those I would be able to see EVERYTHING.
the problem with a lot of modern gauges is they are fake. Just yes or no vs actual values.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I love my merc. For the quad gauge. temp, oil pressure, voltage and fuel. I wish I had a tach tho. But if I get the dash with a tach I only get temp and fuel.

in A perfect world. I would want
Digital speed (just number)
Tach
Fuel level
Fuel pressure
Oil Pressure
Oil Temp
Coolant temp
Voltage
Boost

all those I would be able to see EVERYTHING.
the problem with a lot of modern gauges is they are fake. Just yes or no vs actual values.
This is why I put a scangauge II in my Outback. You can have 4 fields displayed at once. I have coolant temp, cvt fluid temp, intake air temp and voltage. For whatever the Outback came with 2 mpg gauges, one where a temp gauge should be and the other on the dash. I’ll definitely be moving it over to the Maverick.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is why I put a scangauge II in my Outback. You can have 4 fields displayed at once. I have coolant temp, cvt fluid temp, intake air temp and voltage. For whatever the Outback came with 2 mpg gauges, one where a temp gauge should be and the other on the dash. I’ll definitely be moving it over to the Maverick.
Ooo forgot about Trans and Diff Temp.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there an ODB2 app that runs in Android Auto?
I don't have a vehicle that supports Android auto, but your question prompted me to research (as it would be nice to display it on that center stack display!). Apparently so:

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If a digital turbo gauge could be done, it could be a good use/look for the useless screen cubby.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One thing I'd like is the ability to customize the display to show what ever I want. The data is all in the computer anyway. Boost, fuel flow, ect. would all be useful.
Sponsored