First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was convinced that I wasn't going to like the Truxedo Truxport design (from Ford accessories) because it sits on top of the bed rails as opposed to flush, or near flush, however I had FordPass points that covered all but $44.38 of the purchase so....that was the choice.

Hasn't been an issue aesthetically for me at all, uncovered or covered, and as a result of sitting on top of the rails instead of flush it doesn't eat any bed space on the rails or front to back.

BTW - your Dad's F-150 is peak Americana, the pinnacle of F-series in my mind (a new F-150 Tremor w/5.0 Coyote withstanding), just a beautiful truck.
I spoke to a friend who likes his tri-fold on his Ram. I asked where he got it and he told me it was basically an Amazon rando-Chinese brand. I chuckled given he bought a Laramie with "yes" as options. But it does prove that they are decent.

I'm likely to get a Truxedo trifold. I was thinking about a retractable but I don't want to lose the space.

My dad's truck is peak truck for me because I was 11 when he got it. Despite the truck not being any bigger than my Maverick, in my mind it is still huge.
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I really didn't want a soft cover, and was convinced I would get a quad-folding hard cover, like the one I had on my full-size HD truck. Then I saw the post-Covid prices for those things... And I decided I would give the MaxMate soft folding cover a shot. Basically, the price is a "rounding error" compared to the hard quad-folds.

So after living with it for a while, I gotta say I'm fairly impressed! It fit well out of the box, and was pretty easy to install. (Though I was glad my wife was there to help with a couple of things.) I had the "Ford" soft cover (the factory cover that came with the First Edition Mavs) on my first Maverick, which I sold to pay for the one I ordered. The Ford cover was OK, but it flapped a lot driving down the road, and I couldn't find a way to adjust the tension on it.

I was concerned that the MaxMate might do the same thing, but even at 75-80 mph, it barely moves at all. And it has an easy way to adjust the tension if it needs to be tightened up in the future. I was concerned that it would be awkward to "seal" the edges with the velcro, but it's not.

And finally, I'm actually surprised at how good it looks – especially given the low price. Here's a picture for reference:
Ford Maverick Bob's Maverick Journey IMG_1977

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tonneau cover from TonnoPro. Found it a touch cheaper on Amazon.
Ford Maverick Bob's Maverick Journey 20230907_120908

Ford Maverick Bob's Maverick Journey 20230907_120919

Ford Maverick Bob's Maverick Journey 20230907_120931

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that a soft folding or rollup? Good choice of getting something though. I think it adds a nice level of convenience. I'm very happy with my hard rollup.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that a soft folding or rollup? Good choice of getting something though. I think it adds a nice level of convenience. I'm very happy with my hard rollup.
Soft.

Sponsored

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A real light at the end of the tunnel this time.

Thank you for everyone who reached out to me to share the news. Yesterday, Ford finally announced a permanent fix for the Explorer. I've already talked to my dealership and we are just waiting on the parts to arrive. As soon as it shows up, my Explorer is put in the garage and I'll be able to take it home. Six months I've owned this vehicle...

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • "Can I help you?"
  • "I'm asking about my Explorer."
  • "Name?"
  • *gives last name*
  • *chuckling* We were literally just talking about you. Parts came in this morning. I need to get with the techs but you should be able to pick up late this afternoon or tomorrow."

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dory is home. 200 days since I bought it. Bruce stalking in the background....

Ford Maverick Bob's Maverick Journey 20231003_124959

Last edited:
Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Random aside love the brick and stonework on your home, classes up Dory and Bruce that much more!

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Random aside love the brick and stonework on your home, classes up Dory and Bruce that much more!
Thanks. We were the first home in that phase so we had our pick on everything. Actually hard to believe we've been here five years already.
Sponsored