Sponsored

***BEFORE YOU GO TO THE CHICAGO AUTO SHOW*** READ .........................

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to the show today. They have ONLY ONE Maverick there., the RED First edition one in the videos. It is 15ft behind a set of ropes. You can't get near it. I managed to finagle my way into it because I got there before anyone else was there and I egged to let me sit in the seats. Its actually very big man friendly.

DO NOT PLAN A TRIP TO GO THERE TO SEE IT. You will be disappointed. I can't believe FORD didn't have 3 or 4 of them there on the floor to see and touch seeing we have a million spy shots of them all over the road already.

FYI ..............................
Sponsored

OP
OP
vezpa

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked them if they had another and was told that was the only one at the show. Don't know what else to tell you.

Unfortunately the booth people inside often don't know much about the product nor the show logistics. Head outside and see where Ford is giving out test rides / drives. That's where this test spin Maverick looks like it is.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve seen some Facebook pictures of actual show attendees sitting in the driver seat of the Hot Pepper Red Lariat Maverick outside and it looks like it was out by the Bronco/Mach E outdoor area. I read they have an Area 51 XLT outside too.

Sponsored

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’ve seen some Facebook pictures of actual show attendees sitting in the driver seat of the Hot Pepper Red Lariat Maverick outside and it looks like it was out by the Bronco/Mach E outdoor area. I read they have an Area 51 XLT outside too.
Yes, this Area 51 Maverick XLT is also outside.

Ford Maverick ***BEFORE YOU GO TO THE CHICAGO AUTO SHOW***  READ ......................... {filename}

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh no Vezpa. So close yet so far. How disappointing.

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to the show today. They have ONLY ONE Maverick there., the RED First edition one in the videos. It is 15ft behind a set of ropes. You can't get near it. I managed to finagle my way into it because I got there before anyone else was there and I egged to let me sit in the seats. Its actually very big man friendly.

DO NOT PLAN A TRIP TO GO THERE TO SEE IT. You will be disappointed. I can't believe FORD didn't have 3 or 4 of them there on the floor to see and touch seeing we have a million spy shots of them all over the road already.

FYI ..............................
More details about "big man friendly" Im interested! How tall/big are you. What does that exactly mean?!

Sponsored
OP
OP
vezpa

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to sit in the truck and work the seat. Im 6 foot 260lbs solid frame and there was no problem with the seats or front seat room of any kind. I notice when I got out the back seat was only about 6 inches from the front seat.
Sponsored