Sponsored

Bed Cap with boot?

GrearDaneLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
First time truck owner and really wanted to buy the bed cap only for long trips to the beach or to visit family (about 7 hrs away). To give some background I have 3 great danes so do you think that snugtop is coming with a boot to seal the rear windows to route A/C, or maybe have the option to do so? If not then I guess I will stick to using the SUV (Hyundai Tuscon), which is tight fit enough. Would be awesome to pop in the 3 big ones on the bed though and not worry about them dying from the florida heat while driving. Appreciate any responses and to answer preemptively I cannot go up in vehicle size due to certain constraints, and honestly the Maverick just hits all the check boxes for me so I'm sticking to it.
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I would imagine the bed cap would seal well enough to trap in cool air, the only question is if the AC is powerful enough and the rear window large enough to allow that cool air to flow into the bed. Perhaps if you supplement with a swamp cooler in the bed, the dogs should be more than comfortable.

If you're not familiar with a swamp cooler, just get a Styrofoam cooler and fill with ice or some even do salted ice water. Cut two holes in the top and attach a computer fan to force the hotter air into the box and then a piece of dryer duct on the other to let the colder air flow out. The fan can easily run off a small emergency light or motorcycle battery that you can strap to the side of the cooler and then just connect when you're ready to go. Refill the ice at any fuel stops.

Heck I just remembered that the Maverick comes with pre-routed wiring and a 12V outlet in the bed with the Lariat.. Just plug it in and you're good to go!

Last edited:
OP
OP

GrearDaneLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
I would imagine the bed cap would seal well enough to trap in cool air, the only question is if the AC is powerful enough and the rear window large enough to allow that cool air to flow into the bed. Perhaps if you supplement with a swamp cooler in the bed, the dogs should be more than comfortable.

If you're not familiar with a swamp cooler, just get a Styrofoam cooler and fill with ice or some even do salted ice water. Cut two holes in the top and attach a computer fan to force the hotter air into the box and then a piece of dryer duct on the other to let the colder air flow out. The fan can easily run off a small emergency light or motorcycle battery that you can strap to the side of the cooler and then just connect when you're ready to go. Refill the ice at any fuel stops.

Heck I just remembered that the Maverick comes with pre-routed wiring and a 12V outlet in the bed with the Lariat.. Just plug it in and you're good to go!
Thanks for the tip! Gonna have some happy horses... I mean dogs haha 😄
Sponsored