Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty inconsistent speculation.

"...according to the source of this information, Ford isn’t sure about the Mavericks chances of success."

" Interestingly enough, Ford is apparently looking to build 100,000 examples of the Maverick in the first year of production..."

I'm going on record as saying it will sell 150,000 units in year one...unless it doesn't! ;)

John Galt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Nissan, Porsche
We've already seen pictures of prototypes driving around including pictures with interior shots. Clearly this truck is more than a "transit connect with a bed".

If Ford can actually come out with a trim under $20k, I doubt those trim levels will be glamorous, but the models driving around seemed to be designed and engineered to be compact trucks.

Will the bed be short? Undoubtably.

Will the rear cab be ultra-spacious? I sincerely doubt it.

In much the same way the Ridgeline is a heck of a lot more than a Pilot with the back cut off, I'd bet the Maverick will be far more than a Transit with a bed.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A Transit with a bed is actually exactly what I want for my business so I want it to be that.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A Transit with a bed is actually exactly what I want for my business so I want it to be that.
Same honestly. This wouldnt be bad news in the slightest for me. Ive been following this truck since it was rumored to just be a Transit Connect with a bed and I was actually kinda sad when it evolved into what it is now. I just want super simple and reliable. Thats exactly what a Transit Connect based one would be.
Sponsored