Sponsored

Asked for price protection got called difficult and asked to leave.

Did you get price protection

• Total voters

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Y’all I’m gonna call the bank and ask if the interest rate that the sales manager and gm told me was a personal gift is actually the rate on the dang bank website, hint it is. Gotta call and confirm. I will record the conversation and maybe even post it on here. 😁
Be careful it's against the law to record people over the phone without their consent ....
Sponsored

PDX Mavrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I concur you have to tell them you are recording the call
It depends on the state. It gets even more complicated if the parties to the call are in different states. Generally good advice to state that you are recording and get permission if you ever want to use that recording.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Y’all I’m gonna call the bank and ask if the interest rate that the sales manager and gm told me was a personal gift is actually the rate on the dang bank website, hint it is. Gotta call and confirm. I will record the conversation and maybe even post it on here. 😁
Make sure you are in a state where it is legal to record conversations.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was a specific cutoff noted in the communications. Did you actually fall outside that cutoff?
from the memo:
PRICE PROTECTION
"2022 model units invoiced prior to Dec 27th, 2021 will not be re-invoiced".

Automatic Price Protection will be provided on:
Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 26, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 30, 2021.

MinnMavGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I asked for phone call and was asked if I wanted to "transfer my order," which BTW is not possible. I'm patient about the wait, but can't believe the lack of communication and disdain for the customers.

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Which I’m gonna pay cause they flat refused to talk about it anymore. But ,y next maverick went up over 2000$ and I’d like to know how to get price protection at that point. It’s a different dealership.
You have been on this forum since Sept. and can't use search? OK! BOL!

Penasco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Outback, 2005 Tundra DC
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My DORA says $24,370 but the current window sticker (for the truck expected to be delivered in the next 2wks) is $24,550. So, I just bring the printed DORA when we go to purchase and they should honor that price and submit a reimbursement to Ford?

Also, we have Farm Bureau Certificate, so I assume there should be no complications getting the $500 rebate? I am not looking forward to the process of picking this truck up and figuring out payment. Who would have guessed that ordering a car, nearly 11 months before delivery, would result in the biggest complicated mess I've ever dealt with buying a car.
My dealer told me I was entitled to price protection but I would have to wait for a refund check after Ford honored their paperwork showing I was entitled to it. Concerning the Farm Bureau rebate, they would not honor it because Smart Vincent showed that it wasn't being offered for the Maverick in California when I ordered mine. They did give me the 0% for 36 months financing.

Sponsored
First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa, Honda GROM
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be careful it's against the law to record people over the phone without their consent ....
Depends on the state. Most are single party consent states so only the person recording has to know.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe Texas is a one party consent state, so the other party does not have to consent.
Sponsored