First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone put the Ford hood decal on? I’m getting a white XLT and I’m trying to figure out if it would look good. Please post pictures if you did.
Ford Maverick Anyone install the Ford hood decal? 5DE13B42-AAEC-43D5-AD20-7DC2FF0B6DCC
Sponsored

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone put the Ford hood decal on? I’m getting a white XLT and I’m trying to figure out if it would look good. Please post pictures if you did.
5DE13B42-AAEC-43D5-AD20-7DC2FF0B6DCC.jpeg
I would do Fords hood scoop instead of a sticker.

OP
OP

ABMich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks boatman, that’s also on my list if I do anything to the hood. I liked the flat black panels on the hood on the mustang and other cars and was just thinking about one or both of those.

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any noticeable impact to MPG?
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to drive for the past nearly three weeks, as I had cervical spine surgery from C2-T2. I had posterior surgery where they did a laminectomy, removed the dessicated and herniated discs, replaced them with a cage and cadaver bone, then placed rods and screws in my cervical spine. I was in the hospital for almost a week. I have 15 staples that will be removed tomorrow, and hopefully will start driving again soon. I can tell you that I’m still very sore though, even with narcotics and muscle relaxers.

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to drive for the past nearly three weeks, as I had cervical spine surgery from C2-T2. I had posterior surgery where they did a laminectomy, removed the dessicated and herniated discs, replaced them with a cage and cadaver bone, then placed rods and screws in my cervical spine. I was in the hospital for almost a week. I have 15 staples that will be removed tomorrow, and hopefully will start driving again soon. I can tell you that I’m still very sore though, even with narcotics and muscle relaxers.
Sorry to hear that, hope you mend quickly and the surgery brings you enhanced mobility and comfort going forward. At least the truck makes for a good view out your window while you recover.

OP
OP

ABMich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ouch that’s terrible, hopefully the operation will get you back up and running again for years to come. I hope you get back on your feet soon and in your Maverick and get back to enjoying it, but like Maverickcruiser said you have a great looking truck and a great view until you get back to driving it again. Take care and get well.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ouch that’s terrible, hopefully the operation will get you back up and running again for years to come. I hope you get back on your feet soon and in your Maverick and get back to enjoying it, but like Maverickcruiser said you have a great looking truck and a great view until you get back to driving it again. Take care and get well.
Thanks for the encouragement. It’s going to be a long and painful recovery period. I’m going to have a limited range of motion once I heal due to the amount of levels I needed fused in my neck. I am looking forward to healing and getting back in my truck!

Sponsored

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the Ford hood scoop for the Maverick, had it paint matched, and installed by a truck accessories shop.

09C826FE-901B-4012-A6DB-3BAEA113E79C.jpeg

56A350A6-AD0A-44A5-89CB-162187F6E17D.jpeg

C2CC4334-A143-48E5-996D-779CA92A87E5.jpeg
Maybe black out the intake part for a functional look?

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks boatman, that’s also on my list if I do anything to the hood. I liked the flat black panels on the hood on the mustang and other cars and was just thinking about one or both of those.
I have the first edition decal. If it goes bad, Im doing a scoop.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on it once I’m able to. I’m still in the initial recovery phase post cervical spine surgery. What do you think is better? Touch up paint with a brush, or spray paint? Glossy or flat?
Maybe black out the intake part for a functional look?

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I plan on it once I’m able to. I’m still in the initial recovery phase post cervical spine surgery. What do you think is better? Touch up paint with a brush, or spray paint? Glossy or flat?
Tape everything off and use a brush. Too much of a chance for overspray. I would use flat since you are basically replicating empty space and empty space doesn't reflect light.

God Bless and Godspeed on your recovery.
Sponsored