Sponsored

Anyone else hate mismatching white/grey/beige headliners?

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
Unless the rest of the interior is grey or beige to match, I can't stand them. Why can't auto manufacturers just make the headliner match the rest of the interior? I realize it probably has some sort of useful property, i.e. making the car feel "more open" or helping it stay cool, but I'd rather have them match.

Wouldn't be hard to make a navy (or even black) headliner for all three trim levels. Originally I was going to order the XLT because that's the only trim level that the Mav's headliner even vaguely matches with, but I've switched to the XL with the intention of redoing it myself.

Honestly just wondering if I'm the weird one here or if other people have noticed and been annoyed with it too.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To me a black headliner would feel like I’m in a tomb.

OP
OP

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
I have a black headliner in my current hatchback, and it admittedly feels different, but not like I'm in a tomb. I may have just gotten used to it though, and now I notice the beige more because that's the way I'm used to having it.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's more light gray than beige. But in any case it's why I eschewed the moonroof. My Fusion is tan inside and gets plenty of light regardless of the moonroof being open so figured the Mav would be the same. And I'm going to have the electric rear window for ventilation.

Compared to our company Tauruses with all black interior which do feel like a bit of a tomb, yeah.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will have to wait and see it in person first. Not sure what color it is for sure, I did get a sunroof too.

Sponsored

2handsipper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t text or stare at my headliner driving down the road. I do have a black headliner in my Chevy Sonic with a red dash for a distraction.

StephenK_I

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Tremor 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually hate white headliners. It shows dirt too easily and for something like a truck I feel like that is a bad idea. I've owned my 2024 Maverick Tremor for almost a month now and I hate it so much I'm seriously thinking about getting a custom one install. Doesn't even have to be black, I think a dark gray or even a dark blue to match the interior would be cool.
Sponsored