First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All you have to do is watch the dudes on you tube opening up high quality gun safes with large heavy pry bars inside of 30 minutes .To know that anyone can defeat a truck cover with a battery operated reciprocating saw in 10 seconds or less:)

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The question is, should one even bother covering the truck bed? It seems the higher quality tonneau you have, the more it might attract curious thieves thinking you have something worth their time hidden inside.

Do people really store valuables stuffs in their truck bed? Just curiou. Never own a truck before and I ordered one with a tonneau hard cover.

Retiredguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick,2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Ec
I installed the Ford soft tonneau cover. I will rarely carry items in the bed and my XLT is garaged. Didn't need a hard cover.

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Never seen this cover before, but IMO a nonlocking cover is a plus as someone who doesn’t carry expensive items in the bed. It might keep it safer from getting cut or damaged from the thieves if they can just look underneath it.

Sponsored

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I like the idea of this cover for sure.

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With a stretchable material like this, I wonder how loud this is at highway speeds. How is there no sag with snow on top with so much give in the fabric?

Thunderdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Sounds like a flappy cover. I would have to see some reviews and a video of it going down the road, or what it looks like during a rain or snow storm. If it performs well, then its a game changer.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The question is, should one even bother covering the truck bed? It seems the higher quality tonneau you have, the more it might attract curious thieves thinking you have something worth their time hidden inside.

Do people really store valuables stuffs in their truck bed? Just curiou. Never own a truck before and I ordered one with a tonneau hard cover.
I don't store or keep anything in my truck and I keep it in the garage. It has a hard top A.R.E cover,I usually move furniture or stuff I don't want to get rain/snow on. Crazy to keep anything valuable in a cor or truck. I also don't keep anything with my home address in the dash storage
box.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this ad today, has anyone heard of this product before?

I'm skeptical about anything that says cut-proof. If you watch lock picking lawyer on YouTube he cuts through cut-proof bags all the time with ease.

https://sawtootht.com/blogs/news/10-reasons-you-need-an-expandable-tonneau-cover
Aside from tv shows, do opportunistic thieves really carry the tools or the motivation to cut through a truck bed cover on the off chance there's something in the bed that's interesting enough to steal? Seems like a low-grade choice in a world filled with unlocked vehicles and open garages.

Not at all saying it doesn't happen, but I guess I just don't know anyone it's happened to - unless the thief is a family member, in which case, nothing is safe.
Sponsored