Sponsored

Almost 7 months to the day....

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
I’m six months in, and this whole lopsided allocation system and these ridiculous build schedules are getting old and my current car is about to need some expensive work.

I test drove a 2.5 Santa Cruz today, and was really impressed. Man, interior was amazing, and, unlike the non-turbo, this thing has some serious power! It’s AWD w/ 5k towing. (Grill still isn’t attractive, but it’s growing on me.)

so, it’s between a hybrid that I have to wait for even a build date until the big dealers get their allocations in an terribly anemic build schedule versus a really impressive truck that is available but with💩 mpg. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I’m trying to hang in there, but it’s getting harder and harder, especially when Ford really doesn’t give a 💩 about it’s early-order customers.

Yeah, yeah, “go ahead and bail; it’ll be a hybrid for the rest of us.” I know. If I do bail, don’t worry; I’ll let y’all know if it’ll be available. I’m not cancelling my order regardless if I get the SC. Heck, I might get the SC and then sell it when my Mav comes in. 🤔 I don’t know.

Anyway, just venting, because (a) I have to drop a 💩-ton of cash on my current car because I decided to order a Mav w/ a non-refundable deposit assuming I would get it within six months - instead it’ll be more like 8-12 and (b) Hyundai had to make a really cool truck with unbelievably terrible mpg when they have one of the best hybrid systems to work with. It’s all 🐂💩.

… but I digress 😂😂😂

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Are you going to get hit with "Fair Market Up Charge"" The Hyundai dealers are adding $$$$$ to any thing they sell even if the have inventory on the lot. The Santa Cruz seems to be readily available on the dealer lots.
Sponsored