First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I should be getting my hybrid Mav finally delivered beginning of 2023! 14 month wait is coming to an end.
Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought 9 months was bad. 14 months! WoW šŸ˜³

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats!

May the rail roads speed her on her way to you.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thats great news, congratulations!

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I should be getting my hybrid Mav finally delivered beginning of 2023! 14 month wait is coming to an end.
Congratulations. My original order was Oct 9, 2021 and still waiting. I have a production week of January 2, 2023. Dropped ALL extras except the CP360 packages. Hybrid Lariat Lux in itself is a constraint. Hoping production comes to pass. So for me it looks like, at this time, a 15 month wait. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats!

May the rail roads speed her on her way to you.
i was getting worried with the potential of a rail strike looming around the time it would be on a cart. Looks like Iā€™ll be alright but still crossing my fingers lol

OP
OP

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also received my window sticker after almost 14 months. Home stretch now!!
congrats! I was just about to look at used Ridgelines bc I didnā€™t think it would ever come

OP
OP

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought 9 months was bad. 14 months! WoW šŸ˜³
it was not fun lol. Luckily it is showing up a few months before my first born child should. Gotta get in something that is a step up from my 2010 Civic

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
congrats! I was just about to look at used Ridgelines bc I didnā€™t think it would ever come
Please step away from the Ridgelines! Step far, far back!

The Honda Ridgeline made me the happy Maverick owner that I am today. May I explain?

We ordered our Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux in August 2021. By July 2022, all we had was a couple of emails from Ford lying about scheduling. At the time, the order book for MY2023 was supposed to open in early August 2022. We drove north 90 miles to a different dealership to try to get a MY2023 order in. They had the EXACT Maverick we had ordered, except it was an EcoBoost - and they wanted $10K additional dealer markup, or $35K. Not palatable!

So we meandered homeward, stopping at various and diverse car dealerships on the way. It was absolutely amazing what used trucks were selling for, and almost no one had any new inventory, except for the Honda dealer in Salisbury, MD. They had half a dozen new Ridgelines on the lot. The least expensive model was marked up $10K to $55K. Took it for a test drive, it rode nice and had leather seats. Back at the dealer my wife's eyes are shooting me daggers and she is kicking me under the table. There was a used 2019 Ridgeline, with 35K miles for $35K. All of the black plastic bed material had faded quite a bit to a medium gray color. The Ridgeline was rated for 26MPG highway.

A week later we had talked the Ford dealer into a lower price, and we were the proud owners of a new EcoBoost Maverick. That was 11 months after our initial order. I think gas cost about $5 a gallon at the time so we were very happy to be averaging 32 MPG.

After 13 months from our initial MY2022 order, the order books opened briefly for MY2023. Since we still didn't have a Hybrid, we placed another order for a Hybrid XLT without constraint options. We would have been happy with the XL but since Ford had scheduled more XLTs, we ordered an XLT on Monday before the order book closed on Tuesday, so we were at the end of the MY2023 line.

Finally, after 14 months from our order, the Hybrid arrived at our dealership. The dealer honored our deal and the loan rate was great. Kudos to Jerry Sink and his staff at Preston Ford. It wasn't his fault that Ford no parts.

I bought two Mavericks for about the price of one Ridgeline.

I see you have also been waiting a very, very long time. I am sorry to say that being scheduled for production doesn't necessarily mean that the wait is almost over. But it might!

Stay strong my friend and stay away from the Ridgelines.

PS Both Mavericks have been flawless, with the EcoBoost (Tina) returning 32MPG and the Hybrid (Sparky) returning 37MPG manually calculated. Your Hybrid MPG will probably be higher.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please step away from the Ridgelines! Step far, far back!

The Honda Ridgeline made me the happy Maverick owner that I am today. May I explain?

We ordered our Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux in August 2021. By July 2022, all we had was a couple of emails from Ford lying about scheduling. At the time, the order book for MY2023 was supposed to open in early August 2022. We drove north 90 miles to a different dealership to try to get a MY2023 order in. They had the EXACT Maverick we had ordered, except it was an EcoBoost - and they wanted $10K additional dealer markup, or $35K. Not palatable!

So we meandered homeward, stopping at various and diverse car dealerships on the way. It was absolutely amazing what used trucks were selling for, and almost no one had any new inventory, except for the Honda dealer in Salisbury, MD. They had half a dozen new Ridgelines on the lot. The least expensive model was marked up $10K to $55K. Took it for a test drive, it rode nice and had leather seats. Back at the dealer my wife's eyes are shooting me daggers and she is kicking me under the table. There was a used 2019 Ridgeline, with 35K miles for $35K. All of the black plastic bed material had faded quite a bit to a medium gray color. The Ridgeline was rated for 26MPG highway.

A week later we had talked the Ford dealer into a lower price, and we were the proud owners of a new EcoBoost Maverick. That was 11 months after our initial order. I think gas cost about $5 a gallon at the time so we were very happy to be averaging 32 MPG.

After 13 months from our initial MY2022 order, the order books opened briefly for MY2023. Since we still didn't have a Hybrid, we placed another order for a Hybrid XLT without constraint options. We would have been happy with the XL but since Ford had scheduled more XLTs, we ordered an XLT on Monday before the order book closed on Tuesday, so we were at the end of the MY2023 line.

Finally, after 14 months from our order, the Hybrid arrived at our dealership. The dealer honored our deal and the loan rate was great. Kudos to Jerry Sink and his staff at Preston Ford. It wasn't his fault that Ford no parts.

I bought two Mavericks for about the price of one Ridgeline.

I see you have also been waiting a very, very long time. I am sorry to say that being scheduled for production doesn't necessarily mean that the wait is almost over. But it might!

Stay strong my friend and stay away from the Ridgelines.

PS Both Mavericks have been flawless, with the EcoBoost (Tina) returning 32MPG and the Hybrid (Sparky) returning 37MPG manually calculated. Your Hybrid MPG will probably be higher.
It has been shipped at this point and scheduled to be here first week of January. I was able to find a few Ridgelines for around 28-29k around me. I prefer to not buy a new vehicle, only doing it this time bc it is cheaper new than I could get one used.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i was getting worried with the potential of a rail strike looming around the time it would be on a cart. Looks like Iā€™ll be alright but still crossing my fingers lol
I was to with my wifes car. But shipped by bnsf rail from port of Tacoma on Dec 11th and arrived in Daytons Bluff MN on Dec 15th. Just waiting for truck to pick her up for delivery to dealer.

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

January 12 to the 18th for delivery is what i am told..........Congrats

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was told yesterday the latest megalie date of January 16 isnā€™t going to happen. Now they say January 23. Just a hybrid XL with a drop-in bedliner ordered in October 2021. This is the THIRTEENTH build date going back to August.I am a trusting, positive person but no longer believe anything Ford says.
Sponsored