First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, what's the downside of letting the bed get beat up for a few years, and then adding the liner to "spruce it up?"
Sponsored

skcr3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid, Mercedes GLK350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Lincoln CA?
I saw that you referenced Lincoln, CA. I got a quote for Bullet liner for $550 in Roseville, CA. I'm still waiting on my hybrid, but wanted to give out other options.

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oil is over $80 a barrel, the material they use is oil based. Across the board prices for raw materials are going through the roof. If they don't raise prices they will be out of business.
Oil has been much higher than $80 a barrel before and bed liners were cheaper than today. The cost of raw inputs matters, but probably a lot less than factors higher up the food chain.

I read somewhere that the main factory that produces bed liner chemicals is in Texas and was damaged in the cold snap they had last winter. Apparently that is the main reason factory spray in liners are constrained and aftermarket jobs are getting more expensive. Just a nasty coincidence that the Texas thing happened at the same time as COVID-19.

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, what's the downside of letting the bed get beat up for a few years, and then adding the liner to "spruce it up?"
That's why I left the spray-in liner off my build when I finally dropped the XLT luxury package. I plan to use a bed mat regardless (to save my knees and to keep items from sliding around), so I'll see how it goes. If the bed gets lots of scratches then I can always take it in, but for now I'll wait and see.

p.s. Two days after I dropped the XLT Lux package my priority dropped to 02 and a week later I got scheduled. I didn't drop it for scheduling reasons, but it seems like it may have helped.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw that you referenced Lincoln, CA. I got a quote for Bullet liner for $550 in Roseville, CA. I'm still waiting on my hybrid, but wanted to give out other options.
Good to know! The quote I got was from Line X in Rocklin. Where was your quote from?

skcr3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid, Mercedes GLK350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know! The quote I got was from Line X in Rocklin. Where was your quote from?
It's Cooks Truck Body Manufacturing off of PFE. Then a month ago I received a quote for $695 for the premium Linex at Cal West Truck Accessories in Woodland.

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's Cooks Truck Body Manufacturing off of PFE. Then a month ago I received a quote for $695 for the premium Linex at Cal West Truck Accessories in Woodland.
Thanks! PFE is pretty close.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just heard from someone at the dealer that "bedliners are delaying things" so we removed it from the order. They did not specify whether it was the drop ins or spray ins but I had ordered the spray in. Waiting on clarification. The dealer does rhinoliner and I am not concerned about items we can get installed later.

Sponsored

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just heard from someone at the dealer that "bedliners are delaying things" so we removed it from the order. They did not specify whether it was the drop ins or spray ins but I had ordered the spray in. Waiting on clarification. The dealer does rhinoliner and I am not concerned about items we can get installed later.
I dropped my spray in liner in June when I ordered. It was a known constraint back then, a long with the splash guards.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dropped my spray in liner in June when I ordered. It was a known constraint back then, a long with the splash guards.
Ok, thanks. I thought it was just the drop in hard liners that were causing delays. Anything you can get on the aftermarket is irrelevant.
Sponsored