Captain_Empathy

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Hey All,

This is my first post here. Many of you have offered sound advice to others and now I am in need of some myself. I appreciate any contributions.

I received my build date today for my '23 Mav. It is scheduled for 12 December. I was extremely surprised since my build is very contrained with Black Appearance Pkg, Lariat Lux, and Copilot Assist.

Unfortunately, the car I have been driving had its transmission go out a week ago and the repairs cost more than the car is worth (5 grand).

I need a vehicle to drive in the interim. Before getting my build date today, I put a $500 non-refundable deposit down earlier this week on a 2018 Nissan Altima SV 2.5 with 70K miles for $15K out-the-door. The idea was to find something to last me the next three years until I likely get orders overseas (I'm military). Now, I only need a vehicle to hold me over for the next 4 months assuming my Maverick is delivered in February. I would likely ship the Mav overseas with me, and plan to keep it as long as I possibly can.

The KBB value of the Nissan for trade-in is 13K and 15K for private offer. My goal is to minimize the money I am losing before my Maverick arrives.

As I see it, I would lose the least amount of money by private selling the Nissan just before the Maverick arrives for close to what I paid for it. I believe I am buying it for a very good price and I think I can make my money back. I would put an estimated 3000 miles on the Nissan while owning it, assuming the Maverick is delivered at the end of February.

My other options are to carpool to work for the next 4 to 6 months (gross), or buy a beater car that hopefully lasts until delivery.

Is there anything I may not be considering?

Thank you all.
Sponsored

Last edited: