Sponsored

Might need a gap vehicle while waiting for Maverick - suggestions?

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Might need a gap vehicle while waiting for Maverick - suggestions? LJ3Q
Ford Maverick Might need a gap vehicle while waiting for Maverick - suggestions? giphy

Ford Maverick Might need a gap vehicle while waiting for Maverick - suggestions? 20211216_103837

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get the Fusion into the body shop until the 30th of this month, so I'm rocking a Jetta rental right now (since I need to drive to NJ and back this week). But the rental budget that my insurance gives me won't last long. I have a sneaking suspicion that it might not get authorized to be repaired, seeing how even with pandemic prices, its worth about 8k.

Maverick is scheduled for 2/21 so that puts delivery until late March?

Now I can car pool to work, but other things like going to the gym, dentist, or just going out would be a pain without a car. It was $20 just to get to Enterprise that was 10 miles away.

So, in the event that the car is toast, should I look into a $2000 beater, finance a 10k used car, or finance a new car? All would be either sold or traded in. The goal is to not lose too much money during that process.

It just seems hard trying to figure out what cars are overpriced, what might be a deal but a loss, and the sweet spot of break even
Sponsored

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the car rental places do monthly rental agreements. But I sure don't know if they are doing them these days.
No friends or family that can loan you a car for such a short period of time?
My Mav is due in mid January. You can buy my Honda then. :)