Sponsored

ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360.

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a very basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. After some long-distance highway trips, I felt my right legs cramp.
Before another long-way trip, I finally decide to upgrade with the cruise-control.

I followed every step from mcc63303's excellent concise post "https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ng-oem-factory-steering-wheel-switches.15902/".
Before installing the switches, I did remove the 12v battery negative pole under back-passenger-seat, and removed the connection to the high-voltage Green plug under the hood (reference: ).

However, I ended immediately with 3 failure errors:
1. ABS failure
2. Hill Start Assistant failure
3. Pre-collision failure.
See below for the errors from the cluster and FordPass app:
Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. WeChat Image_20230702123346

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. WeChat Image_20230702123419

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. WeChat Image_20230702123424

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. WeChat Image_20230702123429

I don't know if these failure warnings/DTCs are from the fact that I don't have Copilot-360 while I followed a modification procedure by a Hybrid with Copilot-360, or I made a short trip after I changed the switches but have not programmed yet with FORScan.

Anyway, after I enabled ABS and Hill Start Assistant, all 3 failures are gone now. Hope these warnings will not scare you not to upgrade to Cruise-control.

I can happily enjoy the cruise control now, especially in the long-range high-way drive.
I do notice my MPG dropped from 48.6 to 47.4 in the cluster. This does not matter, I believe in time, the calculation will catch back or even improve with the help of Cruise Control.

Here are the snapshots for the ABS and Hill Start Assistant enabling screen.
Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. sccm-afterCruiseControlSwitchesInstalled40

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. sccm-afterCruiseControlSwitchesInstalled60-afterEnablingHillStartAssistant

All the other are basically same as mcc63303, I included here just to make the whole modification story complete for the convenience in future.

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. sccm-afterCruiseControlSwitchesInstalled

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. sccm-afterCruiseControlSwitchesInstalled0

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. sccm-afterCruiseControlSwitchesInstalled1

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. sccm-afterCruiseControlSwitchesInstalled2

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. sccm-afterCruiseControlSwitchesInstalled30

Ford Maverick ABS+HillStart Assistant failure after Cruise-Control enabled in FORScan for a basic 22 XL hybrid without Copilot-360. sccm-afterCruiseControlSwitchesInstalled50
Sponsored

Last edited:

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you ponder a bit, all the trouble codes have to do with the brake system. Pretty sure the ABS does a lot with hill start, traction control and the collision avoidance. I do not know if there is a 'reset' procedure for the ABS to get hold of its tasks. The ABS is electrically operated, and may need to do a self-test before it will handle the functions. In short, look into ABS problems/solutions.
tom

OP
OP

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your advice.
I did not find any ABS reset procedure. But in ForScan, there is a ABS test module.
I ran the test this morning, and there is no issue :)
Sponsored