Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you read this article the allocation model looks even worse -

https://carbuzz.com/news/you-may-have-to-wait-years-for-your-ford-bronco

Under the old model, 50% percent of dealer allocations would be based on reservations - that is now just 25%. The bottom line for buyers is that those who placed reservations are now less likely to see their vehicles for some time. For one dealer that based its own marketing strategy on promising a below-invoice price for those who made reservations, this is a big problem. It now has loads of reservations - reportedly over 1,000 - but that's far less than any one dealer is expected to get in even one year of production. This dealership that has managed to draw loads of customers is going to have a long wait ahead of it, possibly even as long as four years. And that's assuming that the dealer gets no new orders in the meantime.

What that is saying that not only is the volume of the dealership a factor in the "allocations" given, the number of ordered vehicles from "reservations" shipped to that dealership wouldn't be more that 25% of their total given to them. The rest dealer stock.
I don't see why they should even consider building dealer stock. Both the Bronco and Maverick have thousands of unfilled orders, which means everything thing they build will be sold! Why waste precious supplies on a vehicle that will sit on a dealer's lot for a few to be sold to some random person, while you have others still waiting and who expressed interest in the vehicle by ordering one. I would think there's more bad PR coming from orders not fulfilled than good PR coming from a random dealer stock order.
Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And that’s fine if they want to run their company that way, even though I don’t understand why or agree, whatever.

But what I think is total bs, is accepting, validating, and approving an order knowing full well it won’t get delivered. I mean why? It’s simple, deny the order and suggest going to a dealer with more allocations for the year or deny and say try again next year because allocations are filled at all the dealers now.

Why approve with no intention of building?

EDIT. And furthermore, how does a dealership accept HUNDREDS of orders in good faith with having the certainty to know there is no possible way they will all be delivered?
Effectively the allocation system becomes moot in a sellout situation like the Maverick. Ford can and will adjust allocations to ensure customer retail orders are met first. They do this regularly.

If you have an order confirmed by Ford, it will in all likelihood get built before the end of the 22MY closeout In Sept/Oct, barring any unforeseen production issues.

But I’m afraid there are a number of cases where the dealer claimed to place an order for a customer, but didn’t. Those people will not get a Maverick. You need to see an email confirmation from Ford, not the dealer.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
Okay karen.... glad you got your answers.... in reality you won't get your maverick hybrid build after summer. Just bc says production don't mean it's build. I ordered mine in July got it in January 7th.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read an article a few weeks ago talking about how smart engineering students at big name schools are having to be taught basic file structures so they could find their assignments. They have grown up just pulling what they want out of the cloud with search terms while not knowing how the underlying structure works so they are able to do so. Shows the rift in culture and no how between young and those who teach that need to be brought together in schools.
Funny you mention that but I've noticed the same thing about my kids who are in the 18-22 range. They are comfortable using electronics but have no idea how they actually work. One time one of them was having a problem on a windows computer so I had her type start-run-cmd to bring up a command line window then ran "dir" to show the directories. She was completely blown away that such a thing even existed.

My wife and I both started using computers in college that ran DOS and the command line was king. She knows more about computers than both the older and younger people in her office. They all think she's a wizard. All she does is only the same stuff we had to do just to work back then.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
Okay karen.... glad you got your answers.... in reality you won't get your maverick hybrid build after summer. Just bc says production don't mean it's build. I ordered mine in July got it in January 7th.
You directing this towards me? a Karen?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I, like most other people, have been stuck at home for 2 years with little kids teaching preK, kindergarten, and first grade. In my day job, I'm a nonprofit lobbyist for kid's heatlh so I'm been on the frontlines working on vaccines, masks, public health preventive measures, etc and it's taken a huge toll. The MTC has been my outlet for all this and when i first saw the MAverick, I was like "this is going to get me through, this is the truck I've dreamed about since my '86 Ranger." And to the other poster re: June/July orders-I did not jst focus on my order, I asked about all of our orders.
Thank you! And thank you for work

etrent1988

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 1962 Ford Ranchero
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So last Friday I e-mailed Elena Ford, Chief Customer Experience Officer and Brad Brownell, Director, Customer Experience at Ford. I was very polite and inquired about the status of my July 7 hybrid lux order and asked a series, again very politely (I'm a nonprofit lobbyist by trade), why June and July orders are not being prioritized, the allocation system needs serious reworking for Ford's new model of business to function, the same builds ordered in June and early July that ordered in August are getting scheduled, etc.

To my suprise, I received an e-mail from Ford Executive Offices yesterday morning. A very nice lady named Lynn Arledge, cc'ing Elena and Brad, offered to talk to the Maverick production/scheduling team to see what the hold up was. For note, i dropped the SIBL for the DIBL in early November and ordered from my small town dealer (6 orders, mine is the only hybrid). I e-mailed back thanking her for looking into this for me, I'm very excited about the Maverick as it'll be my the only Ford I've owned apart from my first vehicle ever when I was 16-which was a 1986 Ranger extended cab. Lo and behold, I got an e-mail from Lynn this morning, again cc'ing Elena and Brad, informing me that my hybrid is scheduled for March 7...

I also followed your lead and emailed both of them this past Friday. Yesterday afternoon I received an email stating my build is scheduled for the week of 3/7/2022. I was very surprised considering the emails always go out on Thursdays.

Last edited:
Sponsored

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So last Friday I e-mailed Elena Ford, Chief Customer Experience Officer and Brad Brownell, Director, Customer Experience at Ford. I was very polite and inquired about the status of my July 7 hybrid lux order and asked a series, again very politely (I'm a nonprofit lobbyist by trade), why June and July orders are not being prioritized, the allocation system needs serious reworking for Ford's new model of business to function, the same builds ordered in June and early July that ordered in August are getting scheduled, etc.

To my suprise, I received an e-mail from Ford Executive Offices yesterday morning. A very nice lady named Lynn Arledge, cc'ing Elena and Brad, offered to talk to the Maverick production/scheduling team to see what the hold up was. For note, i dropped the SIBL for the DIBL in early November and ordered from my small town dealer (6 orders, mine is the only hybrid). I e-mailed back thanking her for looking into this for me, I'm very excited about the Maverick as it'll be my the only Ford I've owned apart from my first vehicle ever when I was 16-which was a 1986 Ranger extended cab. Lo and behold, I got an e-mail from Lynn this morning, again cc'ing Elena and Brad, informing me that my hybrid is scheduled for March 7...
Did I ever thank you for posting this? I also followed your steps and emailed Ford Executive Offices on 1/29/22. This Saturday (4/30/22), I received an email stating that my Hybrid order (10/26/21) was built! Great job on the 'think outside the box' mentality and sharing with everyone here your proactiveness because it worked! Thanks again!

willows72

First Name
jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 kia sorento

I also contact Ford management about my 6/16/21 maverick order Also received the same response they would check my order with the factory Received reply my truck had same prodution datwe nothing fgurther so fart

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also contact Ford management about my 6/16/21 maverick order Also received the same response they would check my order with the factory Received reply my truck had same prodution datwe nothing fgurther so fart
Sorry to hear that. But, please don't give up and just send them a cordial reminder if they were able to look into your order. Hopefully, Ford's executive office can help you to prioritize it as well.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I wrote them I had to follow up after my initial email to them. It worked out because my July order is finally being built this week. Hit them up again.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I wrote them I had to follow up after my initial email to them. It worked out because my July order is finally being built this week. Hit them up again.
I wrote a snailmail letter, called several times to follow up; nothing. Not sure I care anymore.
Sponsored