First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford: "We will be announcing the release of an AWD hybrid, an ST version, as well as a PHEV model. We will also be offering 10 new colors for the Maverick! Please note: All of these will be constraints for the 2023 model year production, so please consider removing them from your order. Thank you for your cooperation."
AHHA the st may be legit just later in 2023.
Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
which is fair. Just make the hybrid reliable dead battery recalls. 2026,2025, maybe 2024 we could see the PHEV maverick

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet July is when we see 2023 features, especially if they show off the rumored Maverick Rattler/Tremor or AWD Hybrid, or the PHEV model.
I don't see an AWD hybrid being available. I'd be surprised if they didn't do what other brands have done and drop some features that most would consider standard on modern vehicles to save themselves on chips. I think GM did this with heated seats or something like that. If they cut those they could save a chip and produce more. My guess, 2023 Mav is actually a step down from 2022 and more expensive by 5-10%.

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer told me that I lose price protection if I so much as add a fender cover or bed mat to my order. Something to keep in mind.
Price protection wasn't even really implied in the email that went out. More like, "you're going to pay less than a 23', we promise that." Ford isn't going to sell for a loss (again) so I wouldn't hold my breath at all on price protection. Even Tim Bartz said you can change stuff up on your 23' order in the 2 week transition.

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Push button start on all hybrid trims? Key start on a hybrid is just weird. Can’t be more than a buck or two different in factory part cost.
All about the chips. Not happening.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to see a digital dash implemented. The Koreans seem to be throwing them in everything, even their barebones budget vehicles starting under $20K like the Hyundai Kona or Kia Soul for 2023:
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick website preview link 663057

I believe they are just as cheap as analog gauges, but IMO looks more modern. Course even the little box Soul at 31mpg combined can't touch the Maverick hybrid at 37mpg combined which has a bed and towing capability adding to practicality.

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally agree about CP360.

I remember reading somewhere that the EB takes 3 and hybrids take 5. They're of course different specs but something about the hybrid seems to be a very big issue.

TizaM

First Name
Tiza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I just got pushed from June 25 build to July 25. Maybe my 2023 will come first?
Same here. I just got the year mark on Tuesday. Was told my build date was 6/27. Called the dealership and they told me the date was now July 27.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A

It would probably be simpler to make them all push start, instead of having two different options.
Maybe Ford will consider hiring you as CEO?😂
I doubt it is the actual $ cost, but the lure to a more expensive 'package' to get that particular option. Just as cruise control is 99% there except for the steering wheel switches, so should have minimal parts cost, you have to 'upgrade' to the XLT to have it available.
So for a couple hundred in parts, they can sell you XLT features and you will squirm less even as you pay more.
tom

Sponsored

UnTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Price protection wasn't even really implied in the email that went out. More like, "you're going to pay less than a 23', we promise that." Ford isn't going to sell for a loss (again) so I wouldn't hold my breath at all on price protection. Even Tim Bartz said you can change stuff up on your 23' order in the 2 week transition.
This is true. My situation was more for adding constrained items to push me into a MY23.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. I just got the year mark on Tuesday. Was told my build date was 6/27. Called the dealership and they told me the date was now July 27.
Lordy - Bounced a whole month- No likey
Sponsored