Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally received my 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid XL on October 12th exactly 2 weeks shy of one year from whenever I ordered it. The add-ons were Ford co-pilot360 package, drop in bed liner, tonneu cover. I immediately had Motegi racing fs5 wheels installed as per the picture. They are black five spoke with red trim and specialized hub and red motegi symbol.

PXL_20221013_134735629.jpg
Good look for the CG Maverick and continues the theme of framing the truck in black. I love the red line along the rim of the wheel. The retro look reminds me of the redline tires of the '60s I had on my '63 426 Wedge Sports Fury. I was also looking at these same wheels in a chrome or silver finish on my VB XL.
Sponsored

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Congrats! Great looking wheels too! Any plans on lowering it? This combination would look great an inch or so closer to the ground.
I have an FX4 that I sometimes take on gravel roads . It can climb and descend with excellent traction on 20 % grades, but the lack of ground clearance is a limiting factor. ( Of course its different if one never plans to take it off pavement and never travels on snow covered roads )
To me, the Maverick is really sort of 2 parts SUV and one part Pickup . Interesting that it appeals to so many ( former ) SUV , Pickup and Sedan drivers. And it's cool if people want to lower, raise or leave it the same. However I would be concerned how lowering or raising the vehicle would affect all the Geometry in the steering and suspension

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like it. Really spruces up the look of the truck. You would think it was a more expensive trim for a sec.
Sponsored