2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I've had my Maverick now for 17 months, I have loved it since day one. I think those of us who have had their Mavericks for a while will agree that this truck is great, but it does have some shortcomings, mainly how Ford cut corners (I understand why they did it). The Sync system for one, unless you have the Lux package we get SYNC 0.5 it is slow to respond when it freezes (it does this a lot) it requires rebooting the system. I wish that all the Mavericks had a charge gauge for the Hybrid Battery, I think this would help us (at least me) get better MPG.

For the last 17 months, I had to relearn to drive, when having a Hybrid, the regen and how much you regen really do help with MPG. So, with that, I feel I have mastered it. Now, my commute is 17 miles one way, all city street. I have learned, that the Hybrid loves to stay between 35-45 mph, my commute for the most part I'm at about 40, This is what I have learned. anticipate when you will need to slow down, also street has 3 lanes, stay in the middle lane, this helps with sudden stops from people either pulling out in front of you OR those who don't know how to use a turn signal and slam on the brakes to make a turn.

I live in Phoenix, and we have mild temp (so to speak) we haven't had horrible weather this year, we have only had 2 days of triple digits, I've been able to drive without the AC on, so it has helped me to achieve the best MPG to date. The last tank I average 58.8 MPG.

Ford Maverick 16K miles 1686929506366

So I made the 800 mile club...

THe weather is getting warmer, and I know the AC will be coming on shortly. But for now, I'm enjoying this little truck
Sponsored

SBP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought the AC compressor was electric ???

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought the AC compressor was electric ???
It is. But the "power" to run it comes from the gasoline engine storing energy in the HV battery.....
Sponsored