My 1200 miles trip

Oh2BYounger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
My wife and I left in our XLT with AWD to visit 2 of our sons living in Tennessee. We decided to drive it in 2 day each way not spending more than 6 hrs on the road. We traveled mostly on I 81 & I 40, on the trip down the temperature was about 90 so the AC was on & working great & average 31.7 mpg.

On the 1st day coming back it rained all day with some areas with fog and the temperature was ln the mid 50’s. Was I glad I have the blind spot monitoring & average 31.4 mph coming back. I’m 6’3” was very comfortable driving and extremely pleased with our Maverick with the way it performed & handled & I did all the driving.

My wife of 63 years would get a little anxcie once in a while, she’s 5’0 and does drive, together we have 123 years of driving experience, she’s 82 & I’ll be 84 the middle of August we saw 1 other hot pepper red Maverick the whole trip. Both our sons said that ours was the 1st they have seen & they live 1 hour & a half apart. It was a great trip for these 2 old folks.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thats awesome. My dad and step mother in South Texas(way south) is currently recouperating from their trip to Huntsville Alabama for my nieces graduation. They are 2 or 3 years younger than yall. Now the are gearing up for their heartland trip back to Ohio for the family reunion late this summer. I think they put more miles on their cars in retirement than they did while working. They drive a 2018 Expedition. Im going to visit them when we get our Maverick in Iowa hopefully this year. We will see what they think about the MPG in our Maverick compared to their full size Ford.

OP
OP

Oh2BYounger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
I wish you luck in getting your Maverick, hope it arrives soon, you’ll love it. It‘so peppy and fun to drive.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like a great trip for you both and the Maverick. I have not gotten my Maverick yet but know from experience that I will appreciate the blind spot monitor. I am not many years behind you in age and I know it is just more difficult now to turn my head to check the blind spot.

GRATS!!
Sponsored