Sponsored

Search results

  1. 2025 Mav Hybrid vapor canister replaced...by me

    Seams like JB weld or silicone would have been easier than all that.
  2. Off-roading with a hybrid

    In all fairness, I wasn't hating on the turbo. I was just hating on the sluxhbox that comes attached to the turbo engine. Maybe they can put all those turbos that they pull off the 2.0 for the upgrade kit on to the 2.5 Atkinson engines!
  3. Off-roading with a hybrid

    I think its more how the eCVT works. My understanding is that the engine is permanently attached to the gears into the gearbox. Those gears that the engine spins can freewheel or spin the output based on what the first electric motor does. That means the lowest possible gear ratio theoretically...
  4. Off-roading with a hybrid

    There is a path, not quite a road near my house.Its very steep and pretty sandy near the top. Its not hard core off-roading by any stretch, but even with aggressive tires, I would usually have to engage 4 wheel drive on every vehicle I've tried over the years, to make it up. My AWD Hybrid...
  5. Any areas prone to rusting?

    Yeah. I picked up some fluid film cans and some applicator gimmicks from Amazon.
  6. Any areas prone to rusting?

    So... Just spay the goop all over the roof? Or do I need to pull down the headliner to get the underside too?
  7. Any areas prone to rusting?

    I've decided to rattlecan rustproof my Maverick. Are there any areas that deserve more attention than others? This Maverick is my 4th new vehicle purchase in my life. The first two were taken off the road due to frame rust related failures and my wife totaled #3 with a deer. I'm thinking this...
  8. Anything similar to the Peragon Landmark bed cover?

    I picked up this one; https://realtruck.com/p/gator-recoil-tonneau-cover/grx-g30337/ Needs more tweaking to get it right, and not real impressed with the hardware, but it seams like a good solution in general, made in USA and easy to use. If you must have a completely removable solution, look...
  9. Recomendations for snow capable tires

    Factory tires are just trash. They've been trash for a very long time and only getting trashier as the years go by. Still, they should wear better than snow tires. I wonder if you completely wore through the extra soft rubber on your snows and are now into the harder substrate.
  10. Recomendations for snow capable tires

    I've tried snow tires in the past. Yes they are better than snow rated ATs, but the difference is less between them and the difference between the normal street tires and ATs. The real problem I have with snow tires is that they are so soft, you don't want to use them when not needed. It seems...
  11. Are Dash USBs powered?

    I tried one of each style. Odd that I'd get 2 bad cables, but I'll try another.
  12. Recomendations for snow capable tires

    the Michelins do look like good tires. might give them a shotbor their Goodyear cousins. I seriously wonder about you guys claiming ATs are worthless in snow. When my wife was doing home healthcare we got ATs for her FWD minivan. It made a huge difference. Snow gets trapped in those spaces...
  13. Are Dash USBs powered?

    Ivetried both USB ports at the center bottom of the dash, and neither charges my phone. It does data connect and fool my phone into thinking its charging, but does not charge. Is this a problem or are they data only?
  14. Recomendations for snow capable tires

    I know I'm not going to be happy with the OEM tires on my Hybrid XLT when the snow flies. My first instinct is some AT tires, but maybe snow tires would be better If I go with snow tires, I'd need another set of wheels too. any recommendations for reasonably quiet ATs with a snow rating?
  15. Explain EV coach bars

    Power meter was showing about half when the coach was full. I contued to "brake" harder and the coach reset with new walls.
  16. Explain EV coach bars

    No. It was only at about 1/2 of peak regen when it "hit the walls"
  17. $2000 Cash Reward not available on Maverick!

    they don't give discounts on vehicles that they don't have a hard time selling.
  18. why is there a 12 volt battery in the hybrid

    I know the Dodge GrandCaravan uses 5v lighting, the natural voltage for LEDs, that way each bulb doesn't need to be lowered I believe safety BS kicks in at 60volts. 42volts is used for a bunch of automotive stuff. I thought that was the standard selected for the "next step" by the industry as a...




Top