I’m finally actually considering getting a ’26 Mav XL FWD hybrid (only took me 4+ years). I’m not crazy about the 115/70 R17 doughnut it comes with. As I’m sure others have done, I’d plan to buy a 17x7 5x108 38 or 40mm offset steel wheel and mount a non-doughnut tire to it.
The 215/60 R17...
The sub-heading of the article headline: Ford’s affordable compact pickup trades modern amenities for a throwback key ignition, plain steel wheels—and a rough and raspy four-cylinder
To avoid paywall issues the link isn't to the WSJ article.............. Ford’s Maverick XL is a low-tech...
OK I’m confused (my normal state). I’ve read the Ford Authority article on 2025 MY Maverick Hybrids getting the ‘new’ HF55 electronic constant velocity transmission with higher torque capacity as standard fare in both FWD and AWD hybrid Mav’s (superseding the HF45 CVT in 2022-2024 Mav’s). And...
I may have missed this and I know little about 22-24 Maverick dash layout - but - I saw on an F-150 forum for 2025 MY that Ford's done away with the A.S.S. button and it's now a touchscreen feature. Is this the same plan for '25 Mavericks?
Well well well.....the new (not preliminary) Ford 2022 Towing Guide is out.
2022 Ford RV & Trailer Towing Guide
Maverick info same as the prelim. version earlier this year.
New for 2022 - Ford finally got smart and now shows a "Trailer Towing Capability Calculator in the 2022 Guide (first...
Recently read this thread (14) Maverick Towing Test / Review (without 4K tow package) and my thoughts after a few days of owing | MaverickTruckClub.com - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Info about what kind of tow ratings people think a 2.0 EB AWD with FX4 option should have. An...
Was perusing my F150 forum last night and found a thread on this. Checked the online Maverick Owners Manual (pgs. 185-186), sure enough it has it. Evidently a safety feature on all new Fords (and other vehicles, not sure which ones do/don’t have this). Makes sense as a safety feature, what...
Anyone ever find a tracker on their truck? I did! - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans
Auto Lenders | GPS for Car Finance and Credit Unions - Spireon
I suppose there are more privacy intrusion methods out there that I don't really want to think about (Sync, the Fordpass app, and...
Well well well....better than I expected...article also highlights the confusion Hyundai has created around the SC...
Hyundai's Claims About The Santa Cruz' Payload Are Confusing (jalopnik.com)
Finally, one of our Canadian friends recorded an actual payload rating yellow door jamb sticker for an XLT trim Hybrid. Don't know all of the options this truck had (which will affect the number) but at least it's a start. 1426# ain't bad all things considered, I know of many F150 Supercrews...
On every truck forum site I know of, the towing/hauling section is usually a hot-bed of discussions, arguments, options and controversy dominated by some version of the question what can I tow, or can I tow this, or how much trailer can I tow. This post isn’t for seasoned towers/RVer who know...