Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT FWD EB w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick New keyless entry keypad installed today IMG_2899
Ford Maverick New keyless entry keypad installed today IMG_2900

After seeing the posts about all the different locations folks are putting their entry keypads, I decided to just see what the dealer did with mine today. I wasn’t too crazy about putting it above the door handle, which seemed to be where the dealers were installing them, but in the overall scheme of life, what did it really matter?? I only wanted it to function!!!

I had to grin when I walked out to where my truck was parked when installation was finished and saw that it was below the door handle. That is where I had kinda thought I wanted it, but I kept picturing it in my mind as centered under the handle, so I wasn’t dead set on it.

I think the location the service tech chose is perfect!!!
Sponsored

ShelbyGT500

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Shelby GT500, 2015 F150 Lariat, 24 Maverick Lar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have appointment next Tuesday. I'm thinking of vertical, blend in to the black. I hope they at least ask. Looks good below the handle

OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have appointment next Tuesday. I'm thinking of vertical, blend in to the black. I hope they at least ask. Looks good below the handle
If the digits had been oriented for that location, it would have a no brainer to put it there. I have had three other Ford vehicles with a keypad. Two of them had the keypad about where this one was placed. My 2010 Flex has the keypad as part of the cover on the B pillar. I have wrestled with that thing since day one, not because of the location, but because it was always hard to know that it had accepted my pressing a number. I rarely used it because of that and always wished it was more like the others I had, which is very similar to what is now on my Maverick. If the keypad had still been included in the luxury package and on that pillar, I would have been perfectly fine with that.

Mav2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mavreal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2900.jpeg

After seeing the posts about all the different locations folks are putting their entry keypads, I decided to just see what the dealer did with mine today. I wasn’t too crazy about putting it above the door handle, which seemed to be where the dealers were installing them, but in the overall scheme of life, what did it really matter?? I only wanted it to function!!!

I had to grin when I walked out to where my truck was parked when installation was finished and saw that it was below the door handle. That is where I had kinda thought I wanted it, but I kept picturing it in my mind as centered under the handle, so I wasn’t dead set on it.

I think the location the service tech chose is perfect!!!
Awesome what was that cost

Sponsored

OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Awesome what was that cost
The keypad was $120, installation was $24. I found a discount code online and the rest was covered by FordPass Rewards points from buying the truck. $0 out of pocket for me today!

OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Centered above the door handle.
That is where I expected it to be, and that would have been ok, but I like where it is better!

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Shelby GT - Personally I wouldn't let the dealer or tech choose. I might discuss but personally I like it where the OP placed it or in the OEM location on the B pillar. Below the door handle is not good if you have young kids around. I think in low light conditions it is easier to see and use on the B pillar. My 2 cents. No, I don't make change. :)

Last edited:

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick XL is supposed to be delivered 4/6 - 4/19. I went to Ford.com to order the keypad. The keypad price is $120, then there's a box to check if you want to include installation which is an additional $24 which I selected. However my order would not go through on the payment page. I went back and tried it without checking the box that included installation and it looked like it would work. Has anyone else had this problem? Can you only order the keypad from the website without the installation? Do you have it delivered to your address or the dealer?

OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My Maverick XL is supposed to be delivered 4/6 - 4/19. I went to Ford.com to order the keypad. The keypad price is $120, then there's a box to check if you want to include installation which is an additional $24 which I selected. However my order would not go through on the payment page. I went back and tried it without checking the box that included installation and it looked like it would work. Has anyone else had this problem? Can you only order the keypad from the website without the installation? Do you have it delivered to your address or the dealer?
I had no issue with including the installation with the keypad when I placed my order on the website.
While you can physically stick the keypad yourself on the truck wherever you would like to have it, it is necessary for the dealer to program the keypad to your truck so that it can communicate with your specific vehicle. As far as I could tell, it had to be delivered to one of the dealers to be selected on the website. My dealer was not on the list, so I had mine shipped to another dealer. A week later, I ordered a hood protector, and the dealer who installed the keypad was no longer listed, so I selected a third dealer for the hood protector installation. I scheduled that installation for April 5 when I went to pick up the hood protector (I was able to get the service department to install the keypad the day I picked it up, with only about an hour wait for them to work me in!). This third dealer called me this past Tuesday to tell me they could send a mobile van to my home to install the hood protector, which I gladly agreed to, and the van was here first thing on Wednesday morning to do that.

Sponsored

Gschaef

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don’t select the installation option the transaction will go through and you can have it delivered to your home or your nearest dealer for pick up. But you have to arrange for your installation.

If you select the installation option you have to select a participating dealer from a drop down list and it can only be delivered to that dealer. They contact you when it comes in to schedule the installation date. The dealers in the drop down list are the only ones who do it for $24. If you choose installation but you don’t choose a dealer, the transaction will not go through.

FYI - The hard wired keypads in the 2022-23 models sound an alarm after three incorrect entries (or 15 keystrokes) are made in a row. The battery powered ones allow 7 incorrect entries (or 35 keystrokes) and then deactivate for one minute and the buttons blink on and off. No alarm.

Gibby1525

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat -Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought and had the keypad installed. The dealer installed for the 24.00 fee. Placed on the window frame, numbers are sideways. But it works.

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the helpful responses to my question.

I tried ordering again, but this time I used my Samsung phone instead of my laptop and the order was accepted. The total for keypad, labor, tax, less 15% discount came to $136.40. Hopefully the dealer doesn't tack on any additional labor fees.

OP
OP
lga0213

lga0213

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I tried ordering again, but this time I used my Samsung phone instead of my laptop and the order was accepted. The total for keypad, labor, tax, less 15% discount came to $136.40. Hopefully the dealer doesn't tack on any additional labor fees.
I had no other charges beyond what I paid on the web site. The service advisor I talked with didn’t even mention money, just brought my keys to me in the waiting room when it was finished and was very pleasant even though I had asked them to install it that day with no appointment. It was a positive experience all the way around.

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There shouldn't be any charges over the $24 you paid for installation whenever you ordered it.
Sponsored