Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And several 2x4's later, she's out of the garage 😅 maybe too low?

20230214_090329.jpg

20230214_090318.jpg

20230214_160641.jpg
Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw several years back...."No Fat Chicks......My Truck will Scrape!"

OP
OP
MasonicMoth

MasonicMoth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Moth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL 2.0, 17 Mini Clubman ALL4 Truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really want mine sitting that low but can't deal with the shitty ride. PLEASE lie to me and tell me it's silky-smooth so I can order a set!
Ah, upstate NY... where our roads are destroyed every winter and *sometimes* repaired in the summer (but not often)

It's hard to see, but regarding the front bumper, (and oddly there's what I presume to be the radiator support, haven't really taken a look) a metal support bar right at the same height as the bottom of the bumper plastics - are about 1.5" from the ground.

I don't really have to drive it carefully on very many surfaces; but it did take a handful of 2x4's to get out of my garage, and most speedbumps are out of the question even if trying to tackle them diagonal...

On the good roads, with the suspension set to "full soft" on the adjuster knobs, it's pleasant. On the poorly maintained ones, I'm dice in a yahtzee cup.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really love the videos of lowered vehicles trying to pull into a driveway or hitting a pothole or hitting a pebble in the road. I think it was on Just Rolled In where they had one come in and the entire underside from oil pan to rear differential were ripped apart.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I really love the videos of lowered vehicles trying to pull into a driveway or hitting a pothole or hitting a pebble in the road. I think it was on Just Rolled In where they had one come in and the entire underside from oil pan to rear differential were ripped apart.
That’s an odd thing to love

OP
OP
MasonicMoth

MasonicMoth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Moth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL 2.0, 17 Mini Clubman ALL4 Truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some notes after a year and 37k miles: The Silvers superlows are no longer adjustable (thanks NY winter). My passenger's tail light is jiggly because it's only held in by the 2 screws now (the plastic snap-in parts broke). My windshield wipers work when they feel like it (sometimes the motors make a sound and twitch the arms like they're getting power, sometimes they're dead silent like there's no power, sometimes they work perfectly), rarely the touch screen needs to be reset (hold the power and skip buttons down together), the armrest plastic is easily damaged; i lay my elbow on the top and tap the upright hard portion to the music and have noticed my fingernails have noticeably worn the plastic and its coloring. Aside from that, pretty solid truck; great fuel economy and functions as intended.
Ford Maverick Maverick XL w/ Steelies lowered on Silver's NA "superlow" coilover kit 20230520_130105
Ford Maverick Maverick XL w/ Steelies lowered on Silver's NA "superlow" coilover kit 20231018_235130
Ford Maverick Maverick XL w/ Steelies lowered on Silver's NA "superlow" coilover kit 20230719_113134
Sponsored