Sponsored

Late order Maverick’s being delivered? What gives?!

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lately I have noticed numerous social media posts showing off delivered Maverick’s that were ordered late December ‘21 or early January ‘22. Can anyone explain this? Many have been waiting a long time. I have only 96 days in with no vin yet.
Sponsored

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lately I have noticed numerous social media posts showing off delivered Maverick’s that were ordered late December ‘21 or early January ‘22. Can anyone explain this? Many have been waiting a long time. I have only 96 days in with no vin yet.
I have seen some Dec/Jan orders built already.....who know's....luck of the draw? Makes no sense to me!

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty much every one that I have seen delivered are basic 2.0 Eco without all the bells and whistles. Takes less computer chips versus the LUX/CP360/etc. I think a very large majority of "Basic" 2.0's from November and before have already been built and delivered. For those that were not, it probably comes down to dealer allocation. I am not really seeing a big problem here. Now if you want a hybrid or all the options, then you are just going to have to wait. I have an early October order for XL Hybrid with spare tire and hitch. I have heard nothing but am OK with that. Figure I am about another month or two out from being scheduled. Had I ordered a 2.0 instead, I would probably already be driving it.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty much every one that I have seen delivered are basic 2.0 Eco without all the bells and whistles. Takes less computer chips versus the LUX/CP360/etc. I think a very large majority of "Basic" 2.0's from November and before have already been built and delivered. For those that were not, it probably comes down to dealer allocation. I am not really seeing a big problem here. Now if you want a hybrid or all the options, then you are just going to have to wait. I have an early October order for XL Hybrid with spare tire and hitch. I have heard nothing but am OK with that. Figure I am about another month or two out from being scheduled. Had I ordered a 2.0 instead, I would probably already be driving it.
Thats what ive noticed too. Seems if youre XLT or XL and only option you put was 4k youre good to go on the roulette table lol

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered an EB Lariat with Lux on Oct 21st and have not heard a peep.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen some Dec/Jan orders built already.....who know's....luck of the draw? Makes no sense to me!
Cuzz you no matter to Ford It's not who you know but who you B**L

Lunysgwen

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus 2013 ST
I'd imagine not, since you ordered a known constrained trim and package.
This doesn't stack up. We clearly have June and July orders still waiting and nothing prevents Ford from building and sitting on those orders while chips and other things come in. Builds are arbitrarily decided as far as anyone can see.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sept xl order eco boost with 4k Tow, inverter and SIBL. Waiting for a chip is what is was told.
Who knows anymore🤷
SIBL is a massive constraint - it is going to be prioritized for Lux packages and higher trims - easy advice here is to get that done after delivery.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for putting your build in your signature! (that was my idea last summer!)

I see a lot of items in your signature that you can get post-purchase and have easily installed (if 'install' is even needed...floormats for example) - tonneau, mudflaps are others. These are inadvertently holding your order up, whether they are a constraint or not.

Think of it like this - I'm Ford, next week I'm building 8 trucks and have 10 orders in front of me. All are the same, but 2 have a tonneau (or mudflaps or floor mats...) - by simple filtering and process of elimination, your truck is out of the build list.

Yes, there are other complexities to the scheduling process, but one of them is absolutely building based on parts availability each week - take those items you can easily add post-purchase off your order, and your probability for getting scheduled will increase (possibly greatly). Keep only the things that can only be added at the factory (I'd argue ditch the FS spare as well since it isn't a matched tire anyway, but your call on that one).

Sponsored

Ricketts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure its due to component shortage. Your optioned truck is pretty loaded up. When they don't have the components to build certain options ordered, manufactures build the vehicles they have the parts to actually build.

Demoguy1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
October 23 order date (hybrid, Laredo, lux, 360) with no production date.

hpgirl127

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mines been on order since early October no communication how can someone that placed thereafter receive
Sponsored