First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatever the date, I hope they do it with some serious hoopla. I was working at a Ford dealership when the Ranger was first released and was really surprised at what seemed a low key, hardly publicized release.
Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's problem is they'd much rather sell you an F-150 or even a Super Duty 250/350 and so they really have to not let the smaller truck steal the limelight. I think they really need to target the market that loved the original Ranger; farmers, contractor's, delivery services, and young first-time buyers that prefer a pickup. They also need to differentiate themselves from the Santa Cruz buyer who wants something more stylish, loaded with tech, doesn't care whether their vehicle be "truck-like" or not, and is willing to pay more. They will sell some $27k+ Mavericks perhaps, but if they're after volume they need to hit the < $22k slot that no one else fills right now.

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I think that they will have to announce it pretty soon as I read somewhere just recently that they are building the Maverick right now at the Mexico plant. If that is the case, then someone is sure to get pictures of a big lot full of the new Maverick which Ford denies even exist, that would be a big PR problem for them.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would just as soon allow Ford some additional "leeway" with the Maverick, as compared to the recent Bronco Sport -- I reserved Wifey's Bronco Sport Badlands at the end of July/2020 and officially ordered on August 11, 2020 -- it arrived in my driveway on March 31, 2021...

It was somewhat confusing/brutal seeing others (our Badlands was officially delayed 3 additional times) take delivery and our Badlands was being skipped for certain add-on options (our culprit was the gray painted roof + $130 rear cargo mat) such as tow package, moonroof, etc...

So over the last 2 calendar years (not even considering CoVid) Ford has introduced the new Mach E + Big Bronco + Bronco Sport + Maverick, plus busted out a new generation F-150...

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that they will have to announce it pretty soon as I read somewhere just recently that they are building the Maverick right now at the Mexico plant. If that is the case, then someone is sure to get pictures of a big lot full of the new Maverick which Ford denies even exist, that would be a big PR problem for them.
I don't think Ford denies the Maverick exists but neither do they confirm it does either. They just stay quiet. "No Comment." I just hope when they do decide to unveil it they do so with a little fanfare. The Ranger "announcement" was hardly even noticeable.

Sponsored

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
They did a "test run" of 25 about 6 weeks ago, Full production starts in July.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think Ford denies the Maverick exists but neither do they confirm it does either. They just stay quiet. "No Comment." I just hope when they do decide to unveil it they do so with a little fanfare. The Ranger "announcement" was hardly even noticeable.
Do you watch any network TV, or over the air antenna free TV? Where I live the Ranger was plastered all over regular TV with ads showing towing capabilities, blasting all over the desert, back country scenes with Kayaks or dirt bikes loaded up, etc. many weeks before it arrived in local dealer's lot. You couldn't make it through a whole show without seeing an ad on at least 1 commercial break. Continued for months after too. I expect the same with Maverick. Past experience shows Ford loves to time big sales and promotions around holidays. My guess for some kind of reveal or ad blitz is Memorial Day weekend to kick off Summer.

Reactions: Doc

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Thinking about the release and promotion. This is a vehicle that slots in at the bottom of the lineup. Think Fiesta, Ecosport and the like. I can't recall an ad for the Fiesta. I don't think Ford is pushing the Ecosport. I can't see a reason they would do much for the Maverick. Unlike the Bronco and Bronco Sport, I doubt dealers will be building separate Maverick showrooms.

That said, one would think they would do some kind of release before the Maverick shows up at dealers. Which means soonish.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thinking about the release and promotion. This is a vehicle that slots in at the bottom of the lineup. Think Fiesta, Ecosport and the like. I can't recall an ad for the Fiesta. I don't think Ford is pushing the Ecosport. I can't see a reason they would do much for the Maverick. Unlike the Bronco and Bronco Sport, I doubt dealers will be building separate Maverick showrooms.

That said, one would think they would do some kind of release before the Maverick shows up at dealers. Which means soonish.
I would think the vehicles that would need promotion the most are those new and not as well known as the established models. Do they really need to advertise the F-150? Who doesn't know about it? The group here are following the Maverick closely but we hardly represent the mainstream, most who have no idea a little truck is being developed by Ford. I'd say if you wanna sell Fiestas, EcoSports, or Mavericks people need to know about them.

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
I'm pretty sure the marketing money goes to products that sell and have a good margin. I bet the F-150 Raptor has a much better margin than the EcoSport. That said, if the trucklette segment looks to be a hot one, maybe there will be a big push. But Looking at what Hyundai did with the Santa Cruz reveal. I'm not sure I see a huge marketing blitz coming. Hyundai combined the Santa Cruz reveal with release of it's best selling vehicle in North America and attending the Santa Cruz reveal was optional. Journalists could take a Tucson off roading or see the Santa Cruz.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would think the vehicles that would need promotion the most are those new and not as well known as the established models. Do they really need to advertise the F-150? Who doesn't know about it? The group here are following the Maverick closely but we hardly represent the mainstream, most who have no idea a little truck is being developed by Ford. I'd say if you wanna sell Fiestas, EcoSports, or Mavericks people need to know about them.
Ford has dominated that space for a long time but there is intense competition too. Ram has been named best truck in segment 3 years in a row now. Chevy/GM 1/2 ton sibling pickups actually sell more units when combined than Ford F-150. It's partly about brand awareness, but also about announcing new incentives, big sales, etc. to try to get an edge over opponents and get people off the fence who are ready to buy. Does Apple still need to advertise when everyone knows about them? How about fast food places we all know about? Honda's Dream Garage ads are everywhere right now. Home Depot, Walmart, etc. That's just the way the American marketing system works- even for segment leaders.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chevy/GM 1/2 ton sibling pickups actually sell more units when combined than Ford F-150.
That's not always true and in fact most previous years the F-150 outsold the GM Twins. The Silverado/Sierra did out sell the F-150 in 2020 but it was the first time since 2015.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Ford has dominated that space for a long time but there is intense competition too. Ram has been named best truck in segment 3 years in a row now. Chevy/GM 1/2 ton sibling pickups actually sell more units when combined than Ford F-150. It's partly about brand awareness, but also about announcing new incentives, big sales, etc. to try to get an edge over opponents and get people off the fence who are ready to buy. Does Apple still need to advertise when everyone knows about them? How about fast food places we all know about? Honda's Dream Garage ads are everywhere right now. Home Depot, Walmart, etc. That's just the way the American marketing system works- even for segment leaders.
I hate Rams ...