22Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad you and your child are ok! Honestly it was a concern that on the window sticker the crash rating has not been released. Not sure if anyone else has come across this, but I have not seen anything at all.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Glad your good and the mav held up

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
🙏🙏 So glad ya'll came away from it relatively well. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a new Mav!

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, what a difference a few days make. I remember reading you just got your trucks and now this. Glad you're ok and in good spirits.

Sponsored

Jim D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have read most of your comments, over the last months, and have enjoyed your insights but, this one, was your most telling experience. I’m relieved that you had a positive outcome and are free from danger. Best wishes and safe motoring.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most importantly... glad you guys are OK.

Please let us know if they total your car. This may happen because of lack of parts.

If they don't, don't forget to insist on residual loss reimbursement from the other person's insurance, since your Mav would lose a substantial amount of residual value because of the accident. Unless of course it is a lease.. in which case... never mind.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Speedy recovery to everyone!

Sponsored

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm glad to hear that you and your daughter are OK and were able to walk away. I hope the other driver has to buy you a new truck, because it's going to take a while to get this one fixed.

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's hard to tell from the way you write. But I certainly hope that a six year old was not 1. sitting in the front seat and 2. Not without a booster seat.

In my state, both of those things would be of course, not the least bit safe, but also illegal. If both of those things are true, (and I hope they are not) you are extra lucky that the airbags and the seatbelts, plus the driver did not cause more harm. As the booster and the seating requirements are in place to protect little ones from exactly what happened.

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great that you both are OK. Advise follow-up visits with medical doctors over the next few weeks to insure everything good for you and your daughter.

I would imagine that due to current market conditions, the insurance company for the individual that caused the accident would be inclined to declare your Maverick a total loss:
  • replacement parts difficult to obtain (everything going to production)
  • storage costs at repair shop until parts arrive
  • cost of a long-term rental
  • high salvage value of your truck
As other members pointed out, to purchase a replacement from dealer stock will involve a premium and the issue of diminished value for your truck.

Not one to run to an attorney but I would if this happened to me.

I always assume that in situations like this, the other driver was distracted. An attorney can obtain phone records on your behalf. They can also advise you how to proceed since insurance companies ALWAYS want to settle quick and cheap.

FWIW, a deployed front passenger airbag could cause fatal injuries to a child.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's hard to tell from the way you write. But I certainly hope that a six year old was not 1. sitting in the front seat and 2. Not without a booster seat.

In my state, both of those things would be of course, not the least bit safe, but also illegal. If both of those things are true, (and I hope they are not) you are extra lucky that the airbags and the seatbelts, plus the driver did not cause more harm. As the booster and the seating requirements are in place to protect little ones from exactly what happened.
A couple things. One, booster seats are used by weight not age. She was not in one. Also she was in the front seat. She was actually in the best spot other than the driver's seat. The rear seat was whipped around and hit his car. That would have been an even harder hit on her. I don't subscribe to the ever changing safety rules. Don't make her wear helmet and knee pads when she rides a bike either. I do make them wear seat belts but realize that could kill them too. In this instance the seat belt held her in her seat and mine was useless. It's the side curtain airbags that did their job. But hey I grew up riding in the truck bed...