Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Aftermarket cruise? Not my favorite idea. If I had any confidence that cruise could be enabled via Forscan and knew more about it I would've considered the XL honestly.

XLT wasn't terribly motivating to me but XL vs Lariat is a lot tougher to decide when you've got essentially factory cruise. I immediately threw out the option when I saw it didn't have cruise and started comparing XLT to Lariat, I could still switch obviously but I'm just saying that I would've definitely had a harder time deciding.
Sponsored

Dloz956

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
does any of this void any kind of warranty you have on the truck?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A little bit of news to most of you that are not big in the Ford modification world
Ford LOVES selling parts, pretty sure it is part of their model because in the F150 world everyone with the lower models seems to purchase factory parts to upgrade…. Selling parts is a huge money maker!
I installed a Raptor Steering wheel ($425) on my truck and enabled the paddle shifters (had to buy a harness too)
Also purchased many smaller parts to make my XL/STX look and feel like a Lariat
It’s crazy how some of the guys had added almost every feature to their XLTs (360 cameras/ACC/heated steering wheel/heated/cooled seats)

Silver lining of having to wait until April for my Maverick means lots of the tinkering has already happened and all I have to do is stand on the shoulders of others (all I want is paddle shifters from the Baby Bronco BadLands, and I guess sport mode)

The point of my post was Ford loves this kind of thing
Extra money straight to their bottom line

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A little bit of news to most of you that are not big in the Ford modification world
Ford LOVES selling parts, pretty sure it is part of their model because in the F150 world everyone with the lower models seems to purchase factory parts to upgrade…. Selling parts is a huge money maker!
I installed a Raptor Steering wheel ($425) on my truck and enabled the paddle shifters (had to buy a harness too)
Also purchased many smaller parts to make my XL/STX look and feel like a Lariat
It’s crazy how some of the guys had added almost every feature to their XLTs (360 cameras/ACC/heated steering wheel/heated/cooled seats)

Silver lining of having to wait until April for my Maverick means lots of the tinkering has already happened and all I have to do is stand on the shoulders of others (all I want is paddle shifters from the Baby Bronco BadLands, and I guess sport mode)

The point of my post was Ford loves this kind of thing
Extra money straight to their bottom line
You're exactly right. F-150 has been around for a long time, Mav/Bronco Sport is still new. There will be lots to do!

ACC would be awesome to add to XLT. Unsure of difficulty of push to start / proximity key / door handles, with the radios etc.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I have finally got Cruise working on my XL. I'm not positive that you absolutely have to have both of the IPC inputs, however, I have working cruise, so I haven't dug into it too far. If anyone wants to challenge it, feel free to post the results!

2020 Ford Escape steering wheel

SCCM

724-02-01 1258 6820 3050 clock spring

IPC Instrument panel control module

720-01-02 0227 4093

720-02-01 09E4 2D34 1E96

BCM

726-04-05 CB28 8140 8872

cruisecontrol3.jpg

Cruisecontrol.jpg

Cruisecontrol1.jpg
sorry I am late to seeing this but I just want to clear up some confusion. To do this upgrade to gain basic cc you just need to get a new steering from an Escape or Bronco Sport and a way to program into the OBD2 port for this to work?

one possible idea for programming Is I sent in a request with infotainment.com for a factory cc. Have not heard back. But since they own obdgenie.com they could make a programmer that turns it on for some money.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sorry I am late to seeing this but I just want to clear up some confusion. To do this upgrade to gain basic cc you just need to get a new steering from an Escape or Bronco Sport and a way to program into the OBD2 port for this to work?

one possible idea for programming Is I sent in a request with infotainment.com for a factory cc. Have not heard back. But since they own obdgenie.com they could make a programmer that turns it on for some money.
Correct, you only need an OEM Ford wheel and forscan to make this work. Completely OEM

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone in a warm climate want to dig under the seat of their xl and see if there is any wiring laying under there? Trying to see if the wiring for power/heated seats is even in these.

Sponsored

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone in a warm climate want to dig under the seat of their xl and see if there is any wiring laying under there? Trying to see if the wiring for power/heated seats is even in these.
I think I speak for everyone on the forum when I say

You sir....are a F*#^ING LEGEND!!!

Last edited:

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So it looks like we can just replace the cruise switch and forscan it without having to change out the steering wheel?

if so, I’ll preorder that part.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I emailed 4dTech this morning (the other company that makes obd programmers) about the idea of a programmer for cruise control or a cruise control kit.

Here is my email:

Hello! I have ordered items in the past from your site and have been very happy. I recently bought a brand new 2022 Ford Maverick XL trim. It is a terrific truck except that Ford does not put Cruise Control in any XL trim Maverick. Recently, a user on MaverickTruckClub.com has successfully put Factory Cruise Control in his XL Maverick by switching the steering wheel controls (or you could replace the entire steering wheel) and then using complicated Forscan programming software. I would like that 4Dtech make a CanOpener program to reprogram the steering wheel controls and turn on Factory Cruise Control. I have a feeling this would be a high demand product and would sell very well. Maybe even an entire Factory Cruise Control kit.

Thank you!

Here is the email response from 4dTech:

Thanks for the input. It is something we are looking into. It will be a while.

-Brad

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I emailed 4dTech this morning (the other company that makes obd programmers) about the idea of a programmer for cruise control or a cruise control kit.

Here is my email:

Hello! I have ordered items in the past from your site and have been very happy. I recently bought a brand new 2022 Ford Maverick XL trim. It is a terrific truck except that Ford does not put Cruise Control in any XL trim Maverick. Recently, a user on MaverickTruckClub.com has successfully put Factory Cruise Control in his XL Maverick by switching the steering wheel controls (or you could replace the entire steering wheel) and then using complicated Forscan programming software. I would like that 4Dtech make a CanOpener program to reprogram the steering wheel controls and turn on Factory Cruise Control. I have a feeling this would be a high demand product and would sell very well. Maybe even an entire Factory Cruise Control kit.

Thank you!

Here is the email response from 4dTech:

Thanks for the input. It is something we are looking into. It will be a while.

-Brad
Hey thanks for taking the initiative to get products produced for our XLs.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Hey thanks for taking the initiative to get products produced for our XLs.
It’s not a problem. My XL only has two things missing that I really wanted: Cruise control and a leather wrapped steering wheel.

I had adaptive cruise on my Escape but hated it and shut it off. I loved the blind spot monitoring and lane keep assist so that was something I knew I had to have and got. Surprisingly, outside of Cruise not being available and power mirrors being an option, the XL Mavericks have quite a bit of stuff in it that other base Ford’s do not have. It has privacy glass, single zone EACT, a padded center cubby, an 8 inch screen with CarPlay/Android Auto and the ability to option things that other base trims cannot option, like a power moonroof and additional rear seat power outlets.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.