First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The mid-range AWD version will sell like hotcakes in Canada if they can get it at the $30K CAD ($25 K USD) price point. Old Ford Rangers are still very popular here amongst tradesmen, especially painters, just for the ease of parking in urban neighbourhoods and client driveways.I suspect AWD will be the only offering here in the GWN.

People are asking C$30K for a seven year old Tacoma. This is what Ford needs to choke out.
Sponsored

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FRS, 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The mid-range AWD version will sell like hotcakes in Canada if they can get it at the $30K CAD ($25 K USD) price point. Old Ford Rangers are still very popular here amongst tradesmen, especially painters, just for the ease of parking in urban neighbourhoods and client driveways.I suspect AWD will be the only offering here in the GWN.

People are asking C$30K for a seven year old Tacoma. This is what Ford needs to choke out.
My humble opinion is that $25k should get either an AWD 1.5L or a FWD 2.0L model where they are likely middle of the road in terms of trims and features. I currently use a 2007 Tacoma work truck which is all I really need, but my father wants the Maverick to take over for it and I will then buy the Tacoma off of him.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Playing around on the Escape build calculator and i see the AWD is a static $1500 option. Going from the 1.5 to 2.0 is a $3385 option but its only on the SEL above trims.

So heres my hope: Give us the optionability to build it with whichever drivetrain options on whichever model we want. Ill take one base model plus AWD plus the 2.0 for $24880 please. Ill get the check ready. Haha.

Now lets get more ridiculous. Give us a manual option on it and drop that $1600 off the price. Automatics are stupid expensive nowadays. Honestly I dont understand how they can hit the rumored $20k base price without a manual transmission because of this. A base Ecosport is $20k, thinking the Maverick will start there is mindboggling.

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suspect the under $20K option will be sold as a FWD tradesman's special for city use only.

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I'm thinking USD$32K (before rebates, including destination) will be a fully loaded Lariat AWD with the 2.0L engine
Maybe.

The closest Ford products we have to speculate would be Escape and the most recent Bronco Sport.

I would assume a loaded Lariat type trim level would be close to a loaded Bronco Sport Outer Banks or Badlands trim levels of which are $36,700 to $38,900 respectively. On that product, only the Badlands is equipped with I4 2.0T, otherwise it's the I3 1.5T. In addition, AWD is standard with no FWD as an option on that product.

Even a fully loaded Escape AWD can be equipped to $39,800.

Further down the rabbit hole...

Then there is the Lincoln Corsair (luxury compact platform like Escape and Bronco Sport on same C2 platform), of which can be equipped with AWD, but that has an available I4 2.3T engine option over the I4 2.0T and can be equipped into the $50,000+.

Ford's I4 2.3T would absolutely be awesome in the Maverick product. Maverick ST? Who knows?!

Last edited:

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If this Maverick (Lariat with AWD + 2.xL) is priced around $37K to $39K then the truck will be compared to a Ranger -- just like how people price shop a Ranger with an F-150...

Price will sell Mavericks, and if the Maverick MSRP is even close to a Ranger then they will become an after thought instead of the success they could become...

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Same can be said with any segment of vehicle. Why buy a loaded Bronco Sport when you can get mid option Edge or low option Explorer for the same price? Same with Ranger and F-150. Same will be with loaded Maverick to mid level Ranger to low option F-150. Why doesn’t Ford just sell only F-150 and Explorer?

People that don’t want options can get those too, FWD, 1.5T and an interior with zero features, for around $20K. Such trim levels may get dinged for feeling cheap and disposable, but meet the low cost needs of some. Options and nicer materials will come at a cost.

People have different needs and requirements, which is why there are always overlaps on costs between vehicle segments.

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just want a small cheap AWD truck that doesn't need sandbags in the back in the winter and can stand basic abuse of dogs , tools, generator and occasionally lumber.
The engine can be small, hell I drove a 90 horsepower Datsun pickup in the day.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just want a small cheap AWD truck that doesn't need sandbags in the back in the winter and can stand basic abuse of dogs , tools, generator and occasionally lumber.
The engine can be small, hell I drove a 90 horsepower Datsun pickup in the day.
My daily driver for years in the early 2010's was an '87 Nissan Pulsar NX with 70 horsepower. Probably my favorite vehicle Ive ever owned.

For the Maverick I dont trust the 3 cylinder as much as the 2.0 4 cylinder though so i may look into trying to get the bigger engine at least. Unless they offer a manual in the 3 cylinder, then everything else be damned.

Sponsored

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
I’m going to be in the minority here based on the posts I see here thus far.

I’m just looking for the RWD 3 Cylinder with the “XLT” type of package if you compare to the Ranger. Hoping that comes in somewhere between 20-25k.

We don’t get much snow here in NC and I don’t go off-road so the AWD is pointless for me.

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I’m just looking for the RWD 3 Cylinder with the “XLT” type of package if you compare to the Ranger. Hoping that comes in somewhere between 20-25k.

We don’t get much snow here in NC and I don’t go off-road so the AWD is pointless for me.
Dont think theres going to be a RWD. Looks like FWD and AWD options seem to be everyones guess.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta

I think you'll be looking at FWD standard.