XL Bed Anchor Rings - Canada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid; 2015 Smart Fortwo Pure
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

I watched @Shay 's video which included how he bought D-rings for his XL, tapped the holes and bolted them to the bed.

So, I was at Princess Auto yesterday (for Americans, think a store like Hazard Fraught Harbor Freight) and saw some similar anchor rings. Unfortunately, the holes don't line up exactly so I'm debating whether I return these and find something different or I make the holes a little longer and bolt it down. The holes seem to be off by about a quarter-inch, so if I added an eighth of an inch to each hole, it should line up enough to fit.

Yes, I should have measured the anchor first, but there weren't many options on the shelf at Princess Auto so I just bought it on a whim and hoped for the best.

Here are the links and photos for your perusal. Now if you happen to see these at Princess Auto yourself, you can make an educated decision.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/2-pc-1-in-surface-mount-tie-down-anchor-rings/product/PA0008425076

Ford Maverick XL Bed Anchor Rings - Canada 20220610_213900

Ford Maverick XL Bed Anchor Rings - Canada 20220611_140942

Sponsored

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought mine on Amazon. I haven’t installed them yet but I have seen others install the same ones on theirs with no issue.

Warren

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all,

I watched @Shay 's video which included how he bought D-rings for his XL, tapped the holes and bolted them to the bed.

So, I was at Princess Auto yesterday (for Americans, think a store like Hazard Fraught Harbor Freight) and saw some similar anchor rings. Unfortunately, the holes don't line up exactly so I'm debating whether I return these and find something different or I make the holes a little longer and bolt it down. The holes seem to be off by about a quarter-inch, so if I added an eighth of an inch to each hole, it should line up enough to fit.

Yes, I should have measured the anchor first, but there weren't many options on the shelf at Princess Auto so I just bought it on a whim and hoped for the best.

Here are the links and photos for your perusal. Now if you happen to see these at Princess Auto yourself, you can make an educated decision.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/2-pc-1-in-surface-mount-tie-down-anchor-rings/product/PA0008425076

20220610_213900.jpg

20220611_140942.jpg

Warren

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi , I have an XL also and I bought the same D rings and yes just
file the holes a little to make them an oval and the bolt head covers it perfectly. I spray painted the whole assembly flat black .
Works perfect. Enjoy your Maverick !
We love ours -

OP
OP
ausernametoforget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi , I have an XL also and I bought the same D rings and yes just
file the holes a little to make them an oval and the bolt head covers it perfectly. I spray painted the whole assembly flat black .
Works perfect. Enjoy your Maverick !
We love ours -
Love the idea of painting them flat black. I haven't installed mine yet so I'll definitely do that first. Did you tap the holes or use self-tapping bolts?

Sponsored

Warren

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the idea of painting them flat black. I haven't installed mine yet so I'll definitely do that first. Did you tap the holes or use self-tapping bolts?
I did buy a tap and ran it through just once and it worked great.
Thanks

OP
OP
ausernametoforget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did buy a tap and ran it through just once and it worked great.
Thanks
Awesome. Thanks for your input!
Sponsored