Sponsored

Wheel Spacers fitment with 245/65/17 tires and a 2" lift?

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 245/65/17 tires on stock steel XL rims with an Eibach 2" spring lift on my AWD Ecoboost.

To achieve the suspension look I'm going after, I would like to install fender flares and 2" wheel spacers.

I have read about people in the club who deal with rubbing issues after installing wheel spacers with upsized tires and no lift, but I can't find anyone who has mentioned rubbing with wheel spacers after a lift.

Have any of y'all installed 2" wheel spacers with 245/65/17 tires and a 2" lift? If so, have you experienced any rubbing? Need feedback from anyone running this specific setup, please.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think you will end up rubbing when turning the front tires. Would be my guess. Probably only at or near full lock. Also there have been quite a few complaints about fender flares ruining the paint under them after people remove them to clean em. As a AMC Eagle owner(one of the first to slap black plastic over everything) I can say that is real and will give rust a head start. I think a smaller than 2" offset wheel is probably a better idea. However it is more expensive.

OP
OP
IconicSilverMaverick

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you will end up rubbing when turning the front tires. Would be my guess. Probably only at or near full lock. Also there have been quite a few complaints about fender flares ruining the paint under them after people remove them to clean em. As a AMC Eagle owner(one of the first to slap black plastic over everything) I can say that is real and will give rust a head start. I think a smaller than 2" offset wheel is probably a better idea. However it is more expensive.
Thank you, MavMan. After your feedback and more thinking about it, I've decided to forego the spacers and fender flares and spend the jack on other parts. I think for suspension-related stuff I'll get the Steeda strut bars and cut it out there, and then move on to more power adders -- tune, downpipe, FMIC.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thats probably a better plan. Its good to look understated and have the performance for suprising folks. Dueces is still running his XL steel wheels and blowing doors off some real muscle cars.

Sponsored

Captain Blackheart

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4, 1968 Ranchero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 245/65/17 tires on stock steel XL rims with an Eibach 2" spring lift on my AWD Ecoboost.

To achieve the suspension look I'm going after, I would like to install fender flares and 2" wheel spacers.

I have read about people in the club who deal with rubbing issues after installing wheel spacers with upsized tires and no lift, but I can't find anyone who has mentioned rubbing with wheel spacers after a lift.

Have any of y'all installed 2" wheel spacers with 245/65/17 tires and a 2" lift? If so, have you experienced any rubbing? Need feedback from anyone running this specific setup, please.
Image but not a direct link. I'm running the 2" spacers on my Maverick and am very pleased with them.

Ford Maverick Wheel Spacers fitment with 245/65/17 tires and a 2" lift? Screenshot_20230507_160221_eBay

Ford Maverick Wheel Spacers fitment with 245/65/17 tires and a 2" lift? 20230423_130507