First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It depends on when you ordered. If you ordered BEFORE Ford increased the prices on MY22 orders, Ford would give Price Protection to price protect their orders at the Price Originally agreed to BEFORE the price increases. If you ordered AFTER the price increases went into effect or you took delivery BEFORE the price increases your not due a Price Protection. I don't recall the specific dates, I've long since thrown all that away since I took delivery of mine. Then there also were MY22 orders that didn't get built when MY23 started so the MY22's that got moved to MY23 get Private Offers (Rebate) from Ford. Hope I got all that correct......
Crazy stuff. Looked like the guy who started this thread ordered early on. I ordered 10-02-21 delivered 11-12-22. No deposits or mark ups. Enjoying my ride.

Ford Maverick What's your opinion? IMG_20221112_153303577_HDR
Sponsored

OP
OP

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally received my Maverick Hybrid, FE, Lux Pkg, CoPilot 360 on 10/14/22. Ordered 7/26/21. Thought I had all my bases covered before truck came in to dealer, such as Sales Mgr signed off as I did on the initial DORA with my RSVP. When came to signing all the papers, Gen Sales Mgr priced it as MSRP as window sticker, which was $1890 higher than my Ford Protected Price. When I challenged him, he said when they (dealer) receives his rebate from Ford, he will then cut me a check for whatever Ford rebates the dealership. I told him, that would increase my Sales Taxes several hundred dollars as well, but he wouldn't budge. Also, added Theft Protection (window etching) $199 which I did not authorize, his reply, we do all our vehicles when they come in. Told me I could cancel the order & he'd refund my deposit. So, obviously I was not in a good position & signed off on the vehicle. Now, my question is, I have a feeling the rebate the dealer receives is not the $1890 since we're talking Retail vs Wholesale. Anyone want to venture a guess what the dealer will refund me? He did give me IOU piece of paper stating they would cut me a check when they receive their rebate. I'm going to wait until first of the year before I contact the dealer, as it has been over 60 days now since I picked up the truck.
OK, I must now let everyone know, that my Dealer did indeed stand behind what he told me he would do - Monday this week, I received a call from the General Manager that he had a check for me to reimburse me for the Ford Price Protection. Almost three months to the day after taking delivery. Remember, he charged me the full MSRP on the window sticker which was a difference of $1890 between new & price protection price. He indicated he would send me a check exactly for what Ford Motor Co reimbursed him. Happy to say the amount of the check was $2183 or $290 more than I expected. The additional will cover the sales taxes plus, so all in all my doubts were not justified, and I am a happy camper. Don't know why I received more than the $1890, but everything is OK.