Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A big difference though between using Sirius with carplay and having a actual Sirius radio. The former requires that you have an internet signal. A satellite radio only requires that you have a clear view of the sky. The latter will get you reception almost anywhere, whereas you'd have to be in range of a cell tower to use it via the Android Auto or Carplay options.
I am a few of the old SiriusXM orders.. I still have a “Lifetime” subscription…. It has been terrific and I pay for the yearly internet subscription, something like $50 a year. I enjoy Old Time Radio and if I do get a MY22 I will have a real SiriusXM radio professionally installed. I used car play in my other cars.
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I initially submitted my order back in October of 2021, I spec'd out a pretty basic XL model the only real addition being Copilot 360. Since then, though I have had an order confirmation, I've had not been assigned a VIN or scheduled for a build. I'm assuming I will be rolling over to a 2023 model. I've saved up a bit more money in the 9 months since that initial order, and now would like to think about maybe getting an XLT instead if I have to reorder. Will that push me back in line or what other implications might there be should I do that?
If you change your order from the XL to the XLT it will change your place in line I know this as I changed mine last year and went from order received in June to order received in October, I highly recommend that if you do change your order add the trailer hitch even if you don't tow anything as it's only costs an additional $100 bucks because if decide to add one later you're looking at least another 5 to 600 bucks after the fact!!

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One has to wonder if anyone at Ford reads these forums or has any other way to access what buyers are thinking? How hard would it be to have an official FAQ site where the kinds of questions that get asked here could be answered.
No, instead we are left to speculate, wonder, debate, argue and puzzle over what the real truth might be.
One can only believe there is no plan and they make this up day by day. That and they really don't care about their customers. Prove me wrong ( @FoMoCo ) Ford.. I double-dog dare ya!

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you change your order from the XL to the XLT it will change your place in line I know this as I changed mine last year and went from order received in June to order received in October, I highly recommend that if you do change your order add the trailer hitch even if you don't tow anything as it's only costs an additional $100 bucks because if decide to add one later you're looking at least another 5 to 600 bucks after the fact!!
I know that was true during the 22 ordering line placement. Tim Bartz says if you do have to re-order a 23 that you can change your order to anything you want and you won't lose your place. He has stated this several times. I want to, but is it worth the chance that he is mistaken? Im waiting to hear him say it again when he explains how Ford is going to keep track of our place in line when we order again. Hopefully, that will be in early September.
Sponsored