Sponsored

Tonneau & Ladder Rack / Tool Shell [Service Vehicle]

Mantup

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Tonneau & Ladder Rack / Tool Shell [Service Vehicle] PXL_20220806_165654275

Intend to use this XL as a residential HVAC service vehicle. I will need to carry a 8' & 6' ladder as well as all my equipment, tools, truck stock ect. I'd prefer a hard tool shell honestly but have no idea when / if they are coming to market. I will need to be able to lock the bed tonneau to protect valuable tools. Is there a situation for this? Also feel like a hard tool shell weight would have to be very low in order to not hit the 1500 lb limit with all my equipment.
Sponsored

enginerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An XL at some point
The ARE DCU cap seems like it would be what you’re looking for. I know they offer racks on their fiberglass caps but am not sure about the dcu.

OP
OP

Mantup

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ARE DCU cap seems like it would be what you’re looking for. I know they offer racks on their fiberglass caps but am not sure about the dcu.
I've seen the pics of it but can not find it on their website or anywhere else so I assume it isn't on market yet? Is there weight specs out for it? I'd say my tools alone are prob 3-500 lbs.

enginerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An XL at some point
oldblue on this forum was able to get one somehow. My guess is you’d probably have to contact an ARE dealer for specs. I found 140 lbs as an estimate on their website but that was just a general figure.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Go to ARE website do a build quote after selecting a local dealer. The local dealer will email you a quote within a few buisness days. Build time is supposedly up to 14 weeks. You can get it with locking doors all around, or toolboxes, and a variety of racks. Also in a variety of heights. If you trick it out expect $5000+ if you keep it simple expect $3-3500.
Sponsored