Thank You Ford Maverick Team

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
I know that some of those people are on here so i just wanted to publicly say great job. You far exceeded what most of us thought this may be & went the extra mile. The details & options you are offering just shows the new mindset at Ford in all its new products. Thank you & job well done.
Sponsored

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't agree more -- Ford killed it with the Maverick...can't believe I can spec one for CHEAPER than my current 2011 Jeep JK Wrangler 2 Door...

Somebody come over and buy my Jeep from me; she burns a little (lot) of oil, but she's been recently washed and vacuumed...

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Well done Ford!

I haven't been interested in a Ford product in quite some time, but this will most likely end up with a sale from me.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, Ford Maverick Team, thanks on a great job but your dealers in Canada don't want anything to do with it. I've contacted five dealers, one refused to talk about the Ford Maverick, another told me to come back in 2022, another tried to sell me an F-150 or a Ranger on the lot, and the last said that the Maverick does not exist.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
WOW! They sure fooled a lot of us! No 1.5 Ltd engine….
All Hybrid standard!
Placed my order for a Lariat this morning, dealer called me 5 minutes later for confirmation.
Home Run Ford, Just wish it was Built in USA, Pricing is out of this world. Beating all others
to this market segment. Just bet Tesla crawled under a rock Or the back end of his bulldozer truck.
Thanks to the Ford Engineers and Designers , You should be proud!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
good job on stifling the early leaks too. there's a LOT of good stuff on this vehicle and it would have been deflating if it all leaked out early and took away some of our kids on Christmas morning feeling about the total package (y)

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Hey, Ford Maverick Team, thanks on a great job but your dealers in Canada don't want anything to do with it. I've contacted five dealers, one refused to talk about the Ford Maverick, another told me to come back in 2022, another tried to sell me an F-150 or a Ranger on the lot, and the last said that the Maverick does not exist.
I am sure there are plenty of US dealers who will be happy to accept and deliver your order but there surely has to be a Canadian dealer
who has read this and will reach out to you first.

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am sure there are plenty of US dealers who will be happy to accept and deliver your order but there surely has to be a Canadian dealer
who has read this and will reach out to you first.
I contacted the tiny country dealer near my cottage who was honest. "We're still waiting on a price sheet, should get it today or tomorrow, give me your trim levels and I'll have a quote as soon as I get the information."

He was knowledgeable. He suggests the longest waits will be on First Edition and base XL due to demand on the former and fleet buys on the latter. The XLT of whatever trim will probably ship first and fastest. With the pricing, he expects huge demand especially out in the boonies where he is, primarily from downsizers and women who don't like the hugeness of even a Ranger.

Also he suspects that in a year every rental fleet will be full of them.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta agree! The next Maverick looks excellent and to include the hybrid in the base package... awesome! Ironic that this was announced the day after Hyundai released the mileage figures for their Santa Cruz, which were rather poor. The Mav checks all the boxes for me and the range of possibilities from a sub-20K base model to a fully-loaded model still possible under $30K - Great!

I didn't see a 4WD option though. Not being offered on the Maverick or did I miss something? My '03 Explorer Sport Track is still running well and is an on-demand push-button 4WD, so that would be hard to part with. But, far better milage with a hybrid, the latest tech, and that "new car smell" might woo me sooner than later.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I contacted the tiny country dealer near my cottage who was honest. "We're still waiting on a price sheet, should get it today or tomorrow, give me your trim levels and I'll have a quote as soon as I get the information."

He was knowledgeable. He suggests the longest waits will be on First Edition and base XL due to demand on the former and fleet buys on the latter. The XLT of whatever trim will probably ship first and fastest. With the pricing, he expects huge demand especially out in the boonies where he is, primarily from downsizers and women who don't like the hugeness of even a Ranger.

Also he suspects that in a year every rental fleet will be full of them.

Contacted dealer in ontario, here was my conversation:

"Hi I'm calling because I'd like to reserve a maverick with you guys and was hoping you could answer some questions for me"

"You'd like to what?"

"...Ask a few questions about the new maverick..."

"Please send us a build of the car and model you're interested and we'll get you in it in no time!"

It was only an hour later that I got a call back with "I just spoke with my manager" and a whole rundown of how to order and "we won't know until it gets delivered next year". Like come on man you work at a ford dealer, know your product!

but I do agree, out here in the boonies all you see are old rangers, for sure people will run to the mavericks

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine will call me in the next day or so and I'll pay a $1500 deposit which lets me negotiate on price. They'll waive dealer fees the city dealership demands.
Sponsored