Sponsored

Tapping into the Ambient Console Light in XL/XLT?

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wondering if anyone has seen how this was wired up? I was thinking of tapping into ambient console light to use as the on/off and brightness control for some aftermarket interior lights. Like these: LINK. They wouldn't have to power the lights just turn them on and off and change the brightness.
Sponsored

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like your thinking, I did the same when I added extra LED lights in the bed. I tapped them into the factory button in the bed and the lights fade off just like the factory one does. I was thinking of adding some footwell lighting in the interior

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was wondering if anyone has seen how this was wired up? I was thinking of tapping into ambient console light to use as the on/off and brightness control for some aftermarket interior lights. Like these: LINK. They wouldn't have to power the lights just turn them on and off and change the brightness.
I have my reservations that that can be done. The aftermarket LEDs are controlled by its own module. Wouldn't tapping into the factory lights only give you power and nothing else? Additionally, I wouldn't want to mess with the head unit in any way that could screw something up/void warranty. I would love to be wrong though because I'd do it too!

Ford Maverick Tapping into the Ambient Console Light in XL/XLT? 1658959624917

OP
OP
Rojo

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my reservations that that can be done. The aftermarket LEDs are controlled by its own module. Wouldn't tapping into the factory lights only give you power and nothing else? Additionally, I wouldn't want to mess with the head unit in any way that could screw something up/void warranty. I would love to be wrong though because I'd do it too!

1658959624917.png
Someone in another post on this said they tapped into theirs by take the side panel off on the center console and attached normal same color led strips. In theory the the method should be the same, just using the ambient lights as an on/off switch and all color changing happening from the remote or app, which is fine with me. I probably won't change the color that often, just when the mood strikes.
Sponsored