John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick FX4 ECO/AWD Cactus Gray XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My friend has just taken his vehicle (23 XLT Hybrid) into the dealership to have this recall performed. He, like many of us, had added LED taillamps and when he got the vehicle back his taillamps were hyper flashing. Previously I had changed the settings in the BCM to stop the hyper flashing.

I had made several changes to various modules that he wanted. It appears that Ford only modified the BCM module. I just made the changes to stop the hyper flashing and, in addition, changed the battery charge from 80% to 95%. The hyper flashing immediately went away, so he is happy.

My question is this, since my Maverick has had several programming changes to various modules, is it necessary for me to have this recall performed if I am not experiencing any taillamp issues? Two concerns are: 1) maybe I am not aware of possible incidents of taillamps not illuminating all the time, and 2) would there be a warranty problem or other liability if I don't get the safety recall performed?
Sponsored
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally would have them done regardless. In the worst case scenario if you get into accident, if those lights were not working correctly for any reason when it comes time to pin the tail on the who's at fault donkey you are the ass it gets pinned to. If there is litigation involved..... Best to not give that opening and instead CYD (cover your donkey) so you can pin the tail on the dealer or FORD instead.

OP
OP
SloopJB

SloopJB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick FX4 ECO/AWD Cactus Gray XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am having my dealers mobile service come out and perform the BCM Recall tomorrow. Thanks for the well written advice
Sponsored