First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the Rockville 10” sub and it won’t fit under the front or rear seat. Looking behind the rear seat I’m a little puzzled. Should I rip these brackets out that aren’t doing anything? Wanted to mount it wood but not sure how to mount the wood without putting new holes in the truck.

secondly I am going to use the high level input (which I’ve never done).Any issues using speaker wire or should I go buy normal 14 or 16g wire for this?

Ford Maverick Sub install help? 1E621660-B1DB-42E7-90EB-AD2A77521836
Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I got the Rockville 10” sub and it won’t fit under the front or rear seat. Looking behind the rear seat I’m a little puzzled. Should I rip these brackets out that aren’t doing anything? Wanted to mount it wood but not sure how to mount the wood without putting new holes in the truck.

secondly I am going to use the high level input (which I’ve never done).Any issues using speaker wire or should I go buy normal 14 or 16g wire for this?

1E621660-B1DB-42E7-90EB-AD2A77521836.jpeg
You can break it out of there or mount it using that bracket, if you break it out you can mount a wooden board using the bolts that are coming out (you can also use a thin backer board behind the stock mounting bracket and attach your mounting board to that)

definitely use speaker wire for running the high level inputs, the higher the speaker wire gauge the better

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
On it not fitting under the front seats, is it too wide for the seat track or won’t go far enough in? Some have removed the under seat vent to get their low profile powered sub box under there.

which one did you get, the USS10 or the RW10CA?

Last edited:
OP
OP
GambleGarage

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can break it out of there or mount it using that bracket, if you break it out you can mount a wooden board using the bolts that are coming out (you can also use a thin backer board behind the stock mounting bracket and attach your mounting board to that)

definitely use speaker wire for running the high level inputs, the higher the speaker wire gauge the better
I have an idea I’ll play with today, any idea what the thread/pitch of those studs are?
I have speaker wire from the amp kit all ready to go, just not sure if I want to use t taps or spend time soldering.

ejordan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the bracket to mount mine with the sub resting on the foam pad below. I bent the bottom of the brackets straight. For wire, I used 4 stranded shielded security cable soldered to the front speaker wires behind the heat and air controls. I don’t know if security cable is the best choice but it is working great. Good luck with the install
Ford Maverick Sub install help? 58D75BB7-5E3C-4727-9EE8-A3DD926D2232

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the bracket to mount mine with the sub resting on the foam pad below. I bent the bottom of the brackets straight. For wire, I used 4 stranded shielded security cable soldered to the front speaker wires behind the heat and air controls. I don’t know if security cable is the best choice but it is working great. Good luck with the install
58D75BB7-5E3C-4727-9EE8-A3DD926D2232.jpeg
Great looking install. Good job!

OP
OP
GambleGarage

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On it not fitting under the front seats, is it too wide for the seat track or won’t go far enough in? Some have removed the under seat vent to get their low profile powered sub box under there.

which one did you get, the USS10 or the RW10CA?
too long/wide with the feet on it. otherwise could maybe fit but it will be tight
got the uss10

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what size and model is this?

OP
OP
GambleGarage

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks really good. Sadly the brackets on my speaker are on the long ends. You don't get any noticeable vibration from being mounted there?
I did cut some 3" wide 1/2" thick wood and notched around that bracket and screwed the sub in but it's not very sturdy but I don't think it will move with the seat resting against it. Its still ugly

my other thought is to cut some steel brackets that will bolt to the factory bracket and extend out to each corner but again I don't think these 3 tiny spot welds on this thin bracket was made to support the sub/amp, it's about 15lbs. I

Sponsored

ejordan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks really good. Sadly the brackets on my speaker are on the long ends. You don't get any noticeable vibration from being mounted there?
I did cut some 3" wide 1/2" thick wood and notched around that bracket and screwed the sub in but it's not very sturdy but I don't think it will move with the seat resting against it. Its still ugly

my other thought is to cut some steel brackets that will bolt to the factory bracket and extend out to each corner but again I don't think these 3 tiny spot welds on this thin bracket was made to support the sub/amp, it's about 15lbs. I
I am getting no vibration problems but if I ever do, I will add some weatherstripping between the sun and bracket. Just didn’t have any when I mounted.

OP
OP
GambleGarage

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I’m just making this more complicated than it has to be
I think I can get away with 1/4” board screwed directly to the bracket and mount the amp/sub on top of it. Probably be really tight but should work

started running the speaker wires through the center but it’s way to cold to finish. Will have to put this off for awhile

I also have the feeling I’m going to hate this sub and want more pretty quickly. Gotta do some research to see if I can squeeze a decent 12” sub under one side of the rear seat

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I think I’m just making this more complicated than it has to be
I think I can get away with 1/4” board screwed directly to the bracket and mount the amp/sub on top of it. Probably be really tight but should work

started running the speaker wires through the center but it’s way to cold to finish. Will have to put this off for awhile

I also have the feeling I’m going to hate this sub and want more pretty quickly. Gotta do some research to see if I can squeeze a decent 12” sub under one side of the rear seat
Somebody is having 12s put under the seat next week I think, but otherwise I still don’t see a way to fit a 12 (or multiple)…. Only possible way I’ve come up with is a custom offset wedge box on the passenger side that runs all the way across…. Only looking at roughly .6-.7 cu ft of net space to work with

OP
OP
GambleGarage

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well then a 10” it is! Be nice to find an off the shelf sub box I can shove in there
Or one of those sub boxes made for 2dr pick up trucks and shove that behind the back seat

R3D

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT, 97' Miata
Just some good ol' bungee cord for mine 🤣
I did add foam behind the thin mount & 2 more bungees in an X pattern. Works great no rattles & sounds amazing!
Ford Maverick Sub install help? 20220306_102619
Sponsored