Spray-in bed unavailable?

NerdLefty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4
I odered my XLT earlier this week. Some extras, nothing crazy. Cactus Gray, trailer hitch, moon roof, spray in bed, a few others. Dealer submitted order but then called me the next day saying the spray in bed was not available for trucks being ordered at this time. Anyone else had a call like this?

Also, Ive never owned a truck before. What are the post-production options for a spray in bed?
Sponsored

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I odered my XLT earlier this week. Some extras, nothing crazy. Cactus Gray, trailer hitch, moon roof, spray in bed, a few others. Dealer submitted order but then called me the next day saying the spray in bed was not available for trucks being ordered at this time. Anyone else had a call like this?

Also, Ive never owned a truck before. What are the post-production options for a spray in bed?
You can view THIS THREAD to learn more about the possible delay.

Many here swear by LineX for an aftermarket alternative. You can use the search function to find "LineX" to find out more. Good luck with your order.

OP
OP
NerdLefty

NerdLefty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4
Just saw a few other posts aboout spray in bed being a constraint. Should have done more research before posting my thread. My bad!

Still looking for recommendations on spray in bed. Dealer mentioned that it was something they could do after delivery?

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The XLT and Lariat Lux Packages have spray in bedliners. If that is a constraint then all the Lux Package orders will be delayed as well.

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this the first we're hearing about the spray in liner? I didn't catch it before on the late availability posts.

Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I’m not trying to discredit anyone here and I’m sure we’ll get some more steady info as time goes on, but my dealership just told me they have not had any information about spray in liners causing a delay. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m just asking to keep my internal hopes of getting an e-mail today alive. 🤣
And he did just say that it might be a little early for a VIN for my order. 🥲🥲🥲

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I'm not sure we are
I’m not trying to discredit anyone here and I’m sure we’ll get some more steady info as time goes on, but my dealership just told me they have not had any information about spray in liners causing a delay. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m just asking to keep my internal hopes of getting an e-mail today alive. 🤣
And he did just say that it might be a little early for a VIN for my order. 🥲🥲🥲
Yeah I'm not sure we are getting a correct interpretation here. It has also been mentioned that the 2.5 hybrid engine is more limited right now - that leaves more builds with the 2.0 awd, which I would suspect have an extremely high overlap with the XLT/Lariat Lux package...if the bedliner spray were then also a constraint, what would be left to be built?!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
previous guidance from Ford said it was the Drop In liner with late availability. My dealer rep confirmed that at the time.
Sponsored