First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A local Ford dealer has 3 Mavericks on their website. The window stickers all indicate 'Special Order' on the bottom of the sticker.
Does anyone know what Special Order indicates? Were they ordered by individuals who did not purchase the Mavs and now the dealer can sell them for whatever they think they can get?? TIA
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the sticker is green, then yes they are customer orders. It doesn't necessarily mean they are for sale though. A lot of dealers show all Mavericks coming in even if not for sale.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Almost all of the Mavericks available for sale are (or were) "Special Order" (customer orders). I've never seen one that was a "Stock Order" (dealer stock), though we may see some Ecoboosts later this year, if the current trends continue.

The Hybrid Maverick Lariat (First Edition) that I purchased sat on the dealer's lot for quite a while waiting for parts to complete the air bag recall. The original orderer got fed up and walked away.

The reasons for refusing the custom order vary, but whatever the reason for the refusal, dealers love it. They sell those Mavericks to whomever meets their price. Quite often there is ADM involved - sometimes a LOT of ADM. Once in a blue moon, you hear of a dealer that sells those vehicles at MSRP. I've never seen that myself, but I hear rumors here on MTC...

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dorian Ford had 3 Dealer Stock XLT’s a month or so ago.

OP
OP

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost all of the Mavericks available for sale are (or were) "Special Order" (customer orders). I've never seen one that was a "Stock Order" (dealer stock), though we may see some Ecoboosts later this year, if the current trends continue.

The Hybrid Maverick Lariat (First Edition) that I purchased sat on the dealer's lot for quite a while waiting for parts to complete the air bag recall. The original orderer got fed up and walked away.

The reasons for refusing the custom order vary, but whatever the reason for the refusal, dealers love it. They sell those Mavericks to whomever meets their price. Quite often there is ADM involved - sometimes a LOT of ADM. Once in a blue moon, you hear of a dealer that sells those vehicles at MSRP. I've never seen that myself, but I hear rumors here on MTC...
Thanx

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

AutoNation in Jacksonville and I believe in Panama City also sell their Mavericks at MSRP. They won't hold them for anyone though so its who gets there first. I almost got a Lariat hybrid in July but held out because I figured I would be scheduled soon. I did end up getting scheduled the next month....and then canceled. Now 7 months later I should have it the beginning of March.
Sponsored