Sponsored

Soon to see Mavericks everywhere like the Bronco??

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nobody wants the Rangers now that they know an improved and refreshed version is coming MY 2023, lol.
That and they are super over priced
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If they made a commercial model that could tow 5000lb with a 2000 payload I would upgrade/buy that
If the Maverick is a success I could totally see a commercial cutaway version with a single cab and options to outfit it with a simple bed, flatbed, fiberglass box, or bare chassis with mounting points just like the f series and e series. It would not be complex and for commercial uses would really help companies hit fuel usage cost marks. If it can haul a ton bare, a big spray tank, or cable reel, or field weld kit or what have you. Have em all be XL or XLT level trims, main differences being polished appearances and extra safety features. Start em $1000 under xl hybrid and go up to loaded lariat price with full service body kit. To up the towing capacity you would just need a lil metal and parts bin pieces. Lincoln brakes, next step up trans, and put the metal from the rear cab into the rear chassis area.

This is a Comanche unibody rear frame capable of 2200lb payload and 5000lb towing.
Ford Maverick Soon to see Mavericks everywhere like the Bronco?? 1669611353093

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was it a Bronco or Bronco Sport? I've seen tons of Bronco Sports but only slightly more regular Broncos than Mavericks.

Mavericks will eventually be everywhere...but will take at least a year or maybe 2 if current production numbers are any indication. They simply can't make enough yet to be everywhere until probably early 2024. After that...probably one on every block.
I've got 3 on my block😁

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody wants the Rangers now that they know an improved and refreshed version is coming MY 2023, lol.
So, shouldn’t this start to drive prices down?

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You'd think but out here they will just slap blacker than stock wheels on em and add MTs and mark em up $12k so they can mark up the new ones even more.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, not sure that's the attraction here for Maverick buyers (being poor). Although I tell my kids we are poor ;), we could afford pretty much any vehicle we wanted (well, not a Bugatti). I chose to get a hybrid Mav b/c I was tired of +$5 a gallon diesel for my F350 as a DD. I'm keeping the Super Duty, but it will be used mostly for towing our boat and RV, and my daily driver in the summer at our lake house. The Mav for me is kinda like drinking diet coke while eating a candy bar; you save it where you can!

What I think we are seeing is the very early start of a transformation away from people buying the best and most expensive things simply b/c they can afford it. I'd bet most people on this forum could afford a much more expensive vehicle. Early this year, we cancelled our Lincoln Navigator order and changed over to a Mach e for my wife. I just couldn't justify 15 miles per gallon anymore. I felt like it was an unnecessary waste and I'm not even a greenie.

The Mav is cool, it's economical and it doesn't look like a cheap vehicle. No wonder it is popular across the spectrum.
I do get that concept for sure. But the forum always reperesent a small part of the actual customer base. We are the enthusiasts. Once these are visible on lots without crazy markups it will be the people reaching out of the used car market that will be buying it. It is Fords entry level vehicle. People like me who have never been able to afford a new car or even finance a car will look at it and see a good value.

Mitchell Lorens

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I've started to really notice the new Broncos everywhere now. Before it was like once in a blue moon, but now every day I see at least 2-3 of them at least. Today I saw some cute lady driving a Bronco around with all of the doors removed, lol, very cool looking truck. I've still only seen like 3 Mavericks. Once the guy looked over at me when he noticed me in the Maverick too, lol. I'm wondering though, as deliveries are starting to pick up, will we soon be seeing Mavericks everywhere? I'm kind of happy to be driving something unique to be honest, haha.
I picked mine up April of this year and I’ve not seen any around here to speak of. I really notice other Maverick’s, always looking for them and nope… they are few and far between. I found out that our State County (Sacramento Co) Parks and Rec, bout 13 of them. I heard from one of the County employees that AC went out on several of them last summer. Anyway, I’m not seeing ANY appreciable increase of Mavericks around these parts of Northern Ca. and I’m always looking.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KenJ45

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That and they are super over priced
Well, everything is relative though. It seems all trucks are overpriced right now unfortunately...

I've got 3 on my block😁
Nice!

You would think, lol.

I have seen so many locally I gave up counting at 19.
Wow, that's crazy, not that popular here yet!

Are there any photos or details out there?
Yes there are actually, well, at least the version coming out in other countries, the USA version I don't think they have photos yet, but they should be the same, think it's a "global" platform type thing. Let me see what I can find online about it, I remember watching some videos on it. They are finally adding a step to access the bed, that's always a good feature GMs have had...

Yeah, not sure that's the attraction here for Maverick buyers (being poor). Although I tell my kids we are poor ;), we could afford pretty much any vehicle we wanted (well, not a Bugatti). I chose to get a hybrid Mav b/c I was tired of +$5 a gallon diesel for my F350 as a DD. I'm keeping the Super Duty, but it will be used mostly for towing our boat and RV, and my daily driver in the summer at our lake house. The Mav for me is kinda like drinking diet coke while eating a candy bar; you save it where you can!

What I think we are seeing is the very early start of a transformation away from people buying the best and most expensive things simply b/c they can afford it. I'd bet most people on this forum could afford a much more expensive vehicle. Early this year, we cancelled our Lincoln Navigator order and changed over to a Mach e for my wife. I just couldn't justify 15 miles per gallon anymore. I felt like it was an unnecessary waste and I'm not even a greenie.

The Mav is cool, it's economical and it doesn't look like a cheap vehicle. No wonder it is popular across the spectrum.
Exactly, even if you have money it doesn't mean you shouldn't be smart with your money. I probably could have afforded something a bit pricier, but the value of the Maverick is just too good to pass up!

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of those 19 Maverick was very unique it was dark metal grey, totally debadged including the trim which was left blank. Had a different taillight that looked smoked, and lower front seems under cut more than normal. And the kicker it had Mexican dealer/manufacturer paper plate ( offset of course)
Really sure it was that new trim level Tremor or something on some distance runs from Mexico.
Well before the hints of new package appeared here.

SuperA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022, Ford Maverick Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen so many locally I gave up counting at 19.
For about a year, I've only seen one other Mav around here in west-central FL. In the past 2 weeks, they're showing up everywhere. It was cool having an exclusive vehicle for awhile.
I have no idea how many people stopped, gawked or looked inside (when I was coming out of a store and I saw them but they didn't see me) and asked me how do you like it.
It's a great truck. I'm so glad I placed reservation for an order on the first possible day and got my truck (a mere) 7 months later.

OP
OP
KenJ45

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For about a year, I've only seen one other Mav around here in west-central FL. In the past 2 weeks, they're showing up everywhere. It was cool having an exclusive vehicle for awhile.
I have no idea how many people stopped, gawked or looked inside (when I was coming out of a store and I saw them but they didn't see me) and asked me how do you like it.
It's a great truck. I'm so glad I placed reservation for an order on the first possible day and got my truck (a mere) 7 months later.
I'm starting to see Mavericks with company logos on them being used by businesses as work trucks.

Noahma

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see tons of Bronco's, a few bronco sports, and at least 2 or 3 Rivans every day. Some days I can go and not see one other Maverick. Not all to common here yet.
Sponsored