First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL I like how the conversation devolved into who has the most salt worst winters. Like listening to two drunks about who has the longest foot long hotdog.
Sponsored

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I put little catch cups under my mud flaps to harvest the slush and repurpose the salt on the dinner table. Saves me several dollars per year at the grocery store.

Thinking about turning this into a hustle and selling the city's salt back to them next year.

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. Your post was in good faith. I was just going through this thread and seeing people get nasty for no real reason other than it gives them a hit of dopamine to unload on someone.

Your post actually inspired me to do my own math. Right now my electric rate is about 8.3¢ for the first 900kw and 7.5 thereafter (it gets about 2¢ more in summer), so the math works out more favorably for me than you as far as EV ROI would go.

I think EVs are super cool and I'm excited to see where the battery and charging tech is at in 10 years. I'm glad for the early adopters spurring innovation but it's still too early for me. I'd love a PHEV Maverick but wouldn't want to go full electric any time soon.
I'm glad my post was of value to you. Sometimes I wonder if the frustration that drove me to post facts bleeds through too much leaving my post not as objective as I'd like. I too fall prey to this anonymous, text-based medium where it is all too easy to wind up acting like a short sided jerk.

ndmiller

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Azure Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put little catch cups under my mud flaps to harvest the slush and repurpose the salt on the dinner table. Saves me several dollars per year at the grocery store.

Thinking about turning this into a hustle and selling the city's salt back to them next year.
I save it up all winter to brine Turkey Legs between each year's Thanksgiving and use the last of it for turkey and turducken brine to get ready for the smoker on the big day.
Sponsored