First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux Alto Blue Buick TourX Essence
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took my XLT EB LUX in for the fuel tank inspection. I also needed the drivers door lock fixed/replaced and an oil change. Took 3 weeks to get appointment, but not unexpected. Night drop off so they had all the time to check. I call at 4pm for an update. Was told the truck is apart and there was a bolt that was stripped and they need to order a new one. 3 days. No answer as to if I need the fuel tank, which I assume will take a while to order. They also need to order the lock switch, 3 days. When I said I would be up to get a loaner, they said they don't have any. Call ended with me picking up the Mav tomorrow while we wait on the parts. Guess they plan on just leaving the bolt out!? I am not sure what sort of hell to raise when I get there. This all seems very poorly handled. Should I expect a loaner for a recall? No way I can just be without a car for multiple days or weeks. Anyone else had this done? What was your experience?
Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took my XLT EB LUX in for the fuel tank inspection. I also needed the drivers door lock fixed/replaced and an oil change. Took 3 weeks to get appointment, but not unexpected. Night drop off so they had all the time to check. I call at 4pm for an update. Was told the truck is apart and there was a bolt that was stripped and they need to order a new one. 3 days. No answer as to if I need the fuel tank, which I assume will take a while to order. They also need to order the lock switch, 3 days. When I said I would be up to get a loaner, they said they don't have any. Call ended with me picking up the Mav tomorrow while we wait on the parts. Guess they plan on just leaving the bolt out!? I am not sure what sort of hell to raise when I get there. This all seems very poorly handled. Should I expect a loaner for a recall? No way I can just be without a car for multiple days or weeks. Anyone else had this done? What was your experience?
Ford is paying for loaner/rental as part of the fuel tank recall process. Your dealer has that in their recall documentation from Ford. There are references about this on the MTC forum in several threads from back in beginning of the year. I had a rental that my dealer provided at no charge while I was waiting for fuel tank replacement. You need to press your dealer about this. Good luck!