First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape SE, Sport Pkg. 1.5 L EB.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Impressed on how the Maverick keeps performing.
IMG-20220528-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20220528-WA0019.jpg

20220726_144852.jpg
That's awesome! Can't wait to do the same with mine. Any chance you tried putting the Sportsman in the bed? Wondering if I need to "MacGyver" something that would lay on top of the wheel wells.. Thanks!

OP
OP

NB-Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0T XLT AWD
That's awesome! Can't wait to do the same with mine. Any chance you tried putting the Sportsman in the bed? Wondering if I need to "MacGyver" something that would lay on top of the wheel wells.. Thanks!
Hi ZDesorm, Yes I have put the sportsman in the bed of the Maverick and it fits. You are right compared to the Honda (even with bigger tires on it) it doesn't fit in-between the wheel wells. So you have to drive on top the wheel wells, no big deal. Either you center it on top off both (half and half) or what I found to be easier is to drop one side in the bed and climb the other side on top of the wheel. If you're planning on hauling a atv in the bed often I would recommend to build as you said a slide in ramp/platform that fits in between the wheels and has the same height as then. I also would recommend to extend the platform/ramp in front of the wheel wells towards the tailgate. Only problem I found because it's rather tight to load it slowly (not to screw up) and the wheel wells are harder to climb they are vertical so the extra ramp would make it easier but not necessary. Hope it helps, Thanks
Sponsored