Sponsored

Picked up my Velocity Blue XL Hybrid last night!

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered it back on June 16th, and just drove it home last night. My first impression is that this truck is an incredible deal. Wow! I'm kind of glad that I hadn't seen one before last night, because my expectations were simply blown away. It has a massive amount of utility, amazing gas mileage, lots of tech, and fun handling. I couldn't be happier. Sure, I could nitpick a few small things, but I'll leave that to others.

To those who haven't received their trucks yet: hang in there, it'll be worth it. Unless you are expecting a Rivian for $22,000, you won't be disappointed.

My only concern is durability and reliability, due to Ford's imperfect history. But I'm optimistic and hopeful that my truck will have many solid years ahead of it.

FYI, if anyone in Colorado wants to work with an excellent dealership, check out Mike Maroone Ford Longmont. Truly a class act, from start to finish. No ugly surprises or squirrely sales tactics. Just courteous, respectful, professional, and responsive service. Having heard many horror stories on this forum about crappy dealers, I feel very fortunate to have been able to work with Brad, Brent, and Andre at Mike Maroone Ford. EDIT: Worth noting that they stuck to the original price, and didn't charge any ADM. And their pricing for Ford ESP plans seems to be pretty much the same as Flood Ford online (haven't purchased it yet, but still thinking about it...)

Ford Maverick Picked up my Velocity Blue XL Hybrid last night! Blue
Sponsored

Last edited:

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great. Love that Velocity Blue. Congrats!

OP
OP
Snax

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great. Love that Velocity Blue. Congrats!
It truly is a beautiful color in person. I really wanted a rapid red, but I'm happier with velocity blue than I expected.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You been doing donuts? Look at that pavement!

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It truly is a beautiful color in person. I really wanted a rapid red, but I'm happier with velocity blue than I expected.
I really wanted an FE and went with the CG out of the whopping 3 color options. But it would have been your color hands-down if it was available.

Sponsored

First Name
Favian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Nice! That’s exactly what I ordered, mine should be here next week, can’t wait!

Sponsored

VelocityBlue

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! That’s exactly what I ordered, mine should be here next week, can’t wait!
Mine has a 12/22-28 arrival. Been sitting 4 hours away since dec.9. Waiting for transport to dealership. Xl hybrid velocity blue copilot 360, inverter and trailer hitch.

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations. That velocity blue and steel rims makes it look like a proper pickup. I suspect mine will look more like a car.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Beautiful truck. I ordered a hybrid and it won’t be built until January 8, 2022.

Mine will come with the same steel wheels. I have said, I will be replacing those wheels the day I get the truck, but now that I see the wheels on your truck, I might just leave them on. They look fine on the truck.
Sponsored