Sponsored

Phone mount for 25 Maverick

Thor0510

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
Thorsten
Joined
Dec 18, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
11
Reaction score
23
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,
Here is my take on a phone mount for the 25 Mav since the cubby is not available anymore.
I took out the decorative trim piece (3 screws and 3 clips) and mounted a sturdy piece of plastic behind to give the mount more stability.
I predrilled the holes to make the installation easier. Take care not to block the hole for the clip.
I then reinstalled the trim and used a longer screw to secure the mount. I added a little piece of felt to prevent any rattling.
It feels pretty sturdy, keeps the phone cooler while charging and gives better cell and GPS reception for navigation.
This is the mount I used:
https://www.amazon.com/SYNCWIRE-Uni...ocphy=9051707&hvtargid=pla-2281435179738&th=1
It has a standard ball mount so you use many different attachments.
Ford Maverick Phone mount for 25 Maverick IMG_9938
Ford Maverick Phone mount for 25 Maverick IMG_9937
Ford Maverick Phone mount for 25 Maverick IMG_8015
Ford Maverick Phone mount for 25 Maverick IMG_8013
Ford Maverick Phone mount for 25 Maverick IMG_8012
Ford Maverick Phone mount for 25 Maverick IMG_8011
Ford Maverick Phone mount for 25 Maverick IMG_8018
Sponsored

 

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Aug 16, 2021
Threads
20
Messages
304
Reaction score
150
Location
Hawaii
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I recently saw this on ebay.. pretty slick but idk how practical. says it works on the '25's

Ford Maverick Phone mount for 25 Maverick 1752682549958-oq

eBay link

For me, I have a '22 so I have a cubby mount setup (using this holder) with AA. True, sometimes I don't place my phone in the mount. It's a solid and economical setup, compared to the above.
 
Last edited:

Fletch_KC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
126
Reaction score
272
Location
Kansas City
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for these pics. I've been wondering if the exposed bolts on that center trim piece would be strong enough to support accessories (like a phone mount/charger).
 

Sponsored

OP
OP

Thor0510

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
Thorsten
Joined
Dec 18, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
11
Reaction score
23
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for these pics. I've been wondering if the exposed bolts on that center trim piece would be strong enough to support accessories (like a phone mount/charger).
I tried without the plastic backer piece and it was too wobly for my liking. With that piece it's much more rigid
 

Merrick

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Merrick
Joined
Dec 21, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
237
Reaction score
389
Location
Lewes, DE
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I guess my question is…why?

With a 13.2” screen and wireless CarPlay and AA I don’t touch my phone until I’m done driving.
I totally agree. Use hands free wireless CarPlay or AA. Be safe, keep your phone in the wireless or storage area!
 

G19Tony

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Apr 9, 2022
Threads
17
Messages
296
Reaction score
453
Location
Las Vegas
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick XLT, 1994 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I recently saw this on ebay.. pretty slick but idk how practical. says it works on the '25's

1752682549958-oq.jpg

eBay link

For me, I have a '22 so I have a cubby mount setup (using this holder) with AA. True, sometimes I don't place my phone in the mount. It's a solid and economical setup, compared to the above.
I tried it. Does not work. Returned.
 

Deleted member 42620

Guest
It is much more practical to stand your phone up in that little storage area in front of the gear knob. As others have said, it is too far away and there is no need to touch a phone in a 2025 while driving.
Sponsored

 
 







Top